Snowbee Switch Lines

albyn73

Banned
Reaction score
have just orderd the snowbee £49.00 switch line will give it a go and post results

When I inquired on Wednesday about an #8/9 Switch Line they said they were having problems attaining them!

So whether this was meant as an overall lack of supplies of this entire range of line is anyone's guess?

rrw35

Reaction score
Hope they have the quality issues sorted out. Bought quite few duff xs lines a while back.

I think Rio are hard to beat at the moment.

GaryBell

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was out today with my sage tcx 11'9'' switch rod, tried the rio 7/8 head and was pleased with the performance. A friend brought along his new royal wulff ambush line (20' head) which was amazing, it's exactly what I am looking for to fish our smaller rivers here in Ireland :)

Regards,

garybell

buch

Reaction score
I read somewhere that they aren't availible until mid April,along with the new snowbee switch rods.

buch

Reaction score
switch line

I have been in touch with snowbee,to see what line suits their 7 weight swich rod.They say the 350 grain line with a 6ft poly leader,preferribly a floater and cut back if needed,It'll be next week before release.

buncranabop

Reaction score
Anybody get there hands on the snowbee switch line yet?? Any reports good or bad? The beulah elixir line is indeed by far the best line of its kind that ive ever used but its just not readily available in all different grain weights like the snowbee switch is supposed to be i.e if its ever released for sale.

Reaction score
snowbee at last

got a email from matt at snowbee uk
they got lines in today and will post out next week .
i was going to give it ago at the deveron festival next week with my swift 11, 1/2 ft dont think it will be here in time now .

Deveron

Reaction score
The Best

Just returned from the Sportfish show with G.Loomis. We/many other guides/instructors tried the Snowbee line on the G.Loomis, and the Snowbee Switch rod (7weight). Everyone that tried it said it was the best switch line on the market. It has a 30ft head and was designed to be used with 10ft poly-leaders, both floating and sinking. The line was designed in the USA.

Newly From The Sea

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance guys

Can you fish one of these switch lines or a normal #7/8 rod.
I use an oldish 10' Hardy 10 footer with a 6" butt for my sea trout fishing.

There are a couple of areas where severe overhanging trees force a spey type cast and my WF #8 does not load the rod that well.

A friend of mine bought a 40+ line for his 10 footer which seems to give him the neccssary load.
I just wondered whether I should go for a 40+ or maybe a switch line.

Just had a thought, I have never tried it yet but wondered if my Rio AFS rated at #6/7 might be ok as we are never casting much over 15 yards.
Appreciate any advice.

micky finn

Banned
Reaction score
Having recently bought a beulah switch rod from le angler i was very quickly on the hunt for a suitable line. Le angler kindly let me try his afs on the rod which after a few minutes was going out nicely. Despite this i decided to browse around until i found this thread. Emailed snowbee to see what would suit the rod and then went to local shop to order it in. It arrived at my house within a few days and loaded it onto the reel straight away. I was then on my way to donegal for a weeks holiday with a completely new outfit to try on river owenea. First pool i came to saw the river was well up, put an extra super fast sink poly leader on with a half inch bottle tube a got to work. Immediately from the word go the snowbee switch line began to fly out wanting to bring as much running line with it as it could. Single handed over head casts were the usual for most of the day. Then as i moved doen the river i tried the rod in two handed mode and by swinging the line round and with the gentlest of forward flicks the line was lifting poly leader and the bottle out of the depths and over to the far bank. As the week wore on i was single handed spey casting down the beats with ease. In the biggest surprise i almost converted my father from his double taper lines to getting one of these lines.