Slaney 2021

Slaneybs

Reaction score
The Slaney River Trust have completely renewed their website and the lightning damaged webcam has been replaced with a new high definition one. This webcam is currently publicly accessible but will be for members only from 1 May.
The AGM is being held on next Tuesday by Zoom.
To mark the update of the site there is a photo competition for members with a prize of 3 days fishing on 3 different beats.

boomdocker

Reaction score
Anyone out today?
Haven't heard much except for poachers taking fish above Bunclody..

Ian Carter

Reaction score
Enniscorthy had a few anglers, very clear water but probably a little high for the lower end of the river. No fish sighted or contacted.

timconny

Reaction score
Hi lads,

I'm only getting properly into salmon fishing on the Slaney. I can cast well enough and have caught plenty of brown and sea trout on the fly rod. I have all the gear I need. I usually fish between the bridge in Bunclody and above the factory at Clohamon. In your experience, do salmon ever hold in this stretch or would I be better off paying for a day ticket on a better beat? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million,
Tim.

Slaneybs

Reaction score
The SRT Webcam is now password protected for members use only. At €50 not only do you get access to the webcam you also support the SRT in its work on behalf of the river and anglers. The recent (virtual) AGM was told that the work on the Clohamon tailrace is now far advanced and close to going to planning.
The new camera is high definition and as you can see below on last Sundays picture when the water is low and clear you can see the stones on the bottom so you can judge the clarity. This morning the river is pretty dirty but is dropping and hopefully clearing.

last_sunday.jpg

cam.jpg

Considering the lockdown the return from the river for April was not bad with a fair number of fresh springers landed (the SRT decided not to put up fishing reports during the lockdown) when published people will be fairly happy.
Here is a picture of one fish from mid April to whet the appetite.
April springer (002)_opt.jpg

Salmon21

Reaction score
Hi all any one know we’re I can get day tickets for salmon fishing on the slaney

Slaneybs

Reaction score
I had one uninvited guest on the fishery a few years ago who claimed Danny's Angling told him he could fish anywhere so long as he had a licence. I guess the uninvited guest was the chancer rather than Danny.....
I guess you have seen the fishing availability page on the SRT site. I think that Francis Fanning might have occasional day tickets but not sure. Clohamon is unlikely to have day tickets available.

Salmon21

Reaction score
I am finding it hard to get day tickets on the slaney.is there any spots free to fish up river from Enniscorthy for salmon as long as I have my licence

Salmon21

Reaction score
Hi all has any one ever fished or any experience on the the owenduff river in Wexford

Salmon21

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of trout in bannow and some big ones too I may try it in another few weeks

Salmon21

Reaction score
Hi all I was looking to find a good line for salmon and sea trout fishing any one have any recommendations