Slaney 2020

Slaneysider

Reaction score
Was heading to work this morning at Killerig Cross it's in the vicinity of the Slaney I spotted around 20 cormorants if there was one flying in a V formation, it's not a good sign they can't be on the river if there is no fish in it, they must be doing damage to the salmon parr and trout.

Ian Carter

Reaction score
Thanks
Do you know the geographical limits of Solsboro? where does it start and finish and which bank?
See attached pic. Nice water there. Its single bank with the flow of water from right to left. Some wading but mostly high bank overhead fishing. Theres a long glide of fast water. At the end of this, 15ft upstream the croy is a good salmon lay. I have fishing the Slaney for well over 100 hours with only one hook up so you need a lot of luck

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-07 at 09.41.15.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-07 at 09.41.15.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 53

boomdocker

Reaction score
See attached pic. Nice water there. Its single bank with the flow of water from right to left. Some wading but mostly high bank overhead fishing. Theres a long glide of fast water. At the end of this, 15ft upstream the croy is a good salmon lay. I have fishing the Slaney for well over 100 hours with only one hook up so you need a lot of luck
Thanks!

Slaneysider

Reaction score
Was out for a few hours this evening never seen a thing, river is at summertime levels, but then what would you expect when they are extracting 11,000,000 gallons of water a day from the Slaney.
The day will come when it will run dry.
🤔

Rainclouds

Reaction score
Was out for a few hours this evening never seen a thing, river is at summertime levels, but then what would you expect when they are extracting 11,000,000 gallons of water a day from the Slaney.
The day will come when it will run dry.
🤔
The algae for the time of year is incredible.

boomdocker

Reaction score
Does anyone have, or know anyone that has a map showing the beats/clubs/ownership for fishing on the Slaney
I'm fairly familiar with above Clohamon, but would like to know more about the stretch from Enniscorthy to Clohamon
Something like this is what I was referring to....
I'd be happy to put the map together if I could find out the fisheries......