Skagit line

jjjc999

Reaction score
Can anyone give me advice on which skagit line matches my rod ; Loomis NRX 14ft 9/10 wt , thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 21259

Can anyone give me advice on which skagit line matches my rod ; Loomis NRX 14ft 9/10 wt , thanks in advance

I have the same rod and absolutely love it. A fantastic casting and fishing tool. I pair mine up with a 600 grain Rio iFlight with 10 or 15ft tips. Either T8, T14 or T18. The line absolutely flies with the rod ;)

jjjc999

Reaction score
I have the same rod and absolutely love it. A fantastic casting and fishing tool. I pair mine up with a 600 grain Rio iFlight with 10 or 15ft tips. Either T8, T14 or T18. The line absolutely flies with the rod ;)
Thanks for your advice , greatly appreciated , I’ve booked to fish in BC next year for chinook, hopefully we will get there, do the tips come with the line ?

jjjc999

Reaction score
Hi, I can’t find the 600 grain line ,they have a 650 grain , will that be ok ? Cheers

chris68

Reaction score
I have a 600 grain head here, never used as I dropped to an 8#, let me know if you are after one, I may have some t14/t17 off cuts as well to go with it, will give you an idea and help you get started.

The head is the original Rio Skagit head in a peach colour, as Perrypoke states, it will go with the NRX perfectly

Chris

D

Deleted member 21259

Hi, I can’t find the 600 grain line ,they have a 650 grain , will that be ok ? Cheers

Please ensure you buy the iFlight head and not the Flight head. The iFlight has an intermediate rear end on it and the Flight has a floating rear end. The iFlight fishes far better (y)

D

Deleted member 21259

Cheers , thanks for the info, thanks for your help

I have given you a little duff information about which end of the head sinks it seems. The fact of the matter remains though that the intermediate head is far better for catching salmon. It casts really really easily too.