Six Nations Rugby 2021

Aled

Reaction score
Just watched the scrum 5 TV programme on BBC 2, now what i'm going to say now does not change my opinion, the 1st try should of been called back BUT, i've just seen the replay.... the right hand side England defensive line was in place! (Wales scored on the left)
Cheers
Aled

salarchaser

Reaction score
Just watched the scrum 5 TV programme on BBC 2, now what i'm going to say now does not change my opinion, the 1st try should of been called back BUT, i've just seen the replay.... the right hand side England defensive line was in place! (Wales scored on the left)
Cheers
Aled
Keep up Aled.
See posts 346 and 347. :ROFLMAO:

Totally agree. If you look at the video in post 347 you can see May and Daley (I think) getting in position on the Wales right.
Watson with back to the ball under the posts.
First to react is Ford who nearly gets there.
A bad reffing decision made worse by English sloppiness.

After winning the tripple crown, we'll probably get turned over by Italy.😯

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
It would have been very easy for Farrell to have given a full account of the 2 decisions in that interview, very easy! I'm no fan of the guy but he handled himself well there imo.
I think he had probably been told to avoid such talk. By his (low) interview standards, it was one of his better ones.

He rightly focussed on how his team drew level and had all the momentum then conceded three penalties within kicking range,

No great surprise really, just a continuation of the trend from the Scotland and Italy games.

pfeul

Reaction score
And so?

You'll want France to extradite Gauzere such that all English supporters throw stone at him at trafalgar square?

You should move on and just admit the result of the game whatever the referring.

Was referring good? No
Does Wales deserve its win? Yes
Had england done enough to win? Definitely no

This is just part of the game.

As a comparison point. Did Joubert in the RWC 2011 final refer correctly? No
Do french supporter still feel gutted? Yes
Did new Zealand deserve to win this RWC. Yes definitely.

We could also talk about the referring of the final of the autumn nation cup and i could argue that the ref spoiled the game. But that would be pointless. Game finished, move on.

ozzyian

Reaction score
And so?

You'll want France to extradite Gauzere such that all English supporters throw stone at him at trafalgar square?

Can you organise such a thing pfeul?

Mob justice isn't always entirely fair but by god it's always entertaining and quite frankly they need to be cheered up in London.

I notice Joubert in your list of crimes. He of course featured as Australias man of the match against Scotland in the 2015 RWC, gifting them the game on the 79th minute with a wrong decision in front of the sticks. He ran from the field without shaking hands (not even the Australian captain!). That's about the same as 'fessing up 2 days later as Gauzere did.

SJF

Reaction score
Stop it with the - ruined the game and we got lucky bit. You all seem to have ignored the fact that prior to Both tries, Wales had a penalty advantage so we would have still almost certainly had 6 points ( if not the 14 ). That would have given Wales an 8 point margin at the end - more than a converted try.
Yes there was some poor refereeing - I can't work out how Itoje can give away 5 penalties for very similar offences and yet not have received a yellow card?

Aled

Reaction score
My London Irish pal said exactly the same regarding the penalties SJF.

Reactions: SJF

salarchaser

Reaction score
Pivac gone early with the team announcement.

Wales team to face Italy: Liam Williams; Louis Rees-Zammit, George North, Jonathan Davies, Josh Adams; Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies; Wyn Jones, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis, Cory Hill, Alun Wyn Jones, Josh Navidi, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Elliot Dee, Rhys Carre, Leon Brown, Jake Ball, Aaron Wainwright, Lloyd Williams, Callum Sheedy, Uilisi Halaholo

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score

Handel

Reaction score
Sorry guys, i did find that quite amusing.....
The regulars on this thread will be used to me complaining about not being able to attend international matches at the moment. The reason I like to be there is because of the poor standard of what we are shown on television. It is not the camera work but the editing that puts together what we are shown from the 15 cameras used at an international that is irritating. The constant chopping and changing between camera views leaves the viewer completely unable to see what is happening.

And so to Adams try against England. Someone has leaked onto youtube some footage from the BBC of the Adams try which was not used on the day. It gives a completely different view of what happened and because it is simply two long clips from two different cameras it is much easier to follow. Suffice to say that John Mitchell, the England defence coach, will have had harsh words for Anthony Watson just as he will have done for Elliot Daly over Hardy's try.

pfeul

Reaction score
Suffice to say that John Mitchell, the England defence coach, will have had harsh words for Anthony Watson just as he will have done for Elliot Daly over Hardy's try.

Definitely agree

In this video (The squidge - brilliant and funny post game analyses- perhaps this is the one you're referring too), there is a funny moment showing S. Edwards saying this man would have been responsible of 15 murders in that case.

Aled

Reaction score
My Dad told me about squidge, i've not watched it before.
Cheers
Aled

Handel

Reaction score
Definitely agree

In this video (The squidge - brilliant and funny post game analyses- perhaps this is the one you're referring too), there is a funny moment showing S. Edwards saying this man would have been responsible of 15 murders in that case.

I hadn't seen this but yes that is the footage, I saw it without commentary. What Anthony Watson thinks he is doing I have no idea. Compare what he is doing with how quickly Jonny May gets back in position.

pfeul

Reaction score
My Dad told me about squidge, i've not watched it before.
Cheers
Aled
Really enjoy it everytime.
The only issue for me, is that he speaks so quickly that it can be sometimes difficult to get all the speach for non english language native as I am

salarchaser

Reaction score
England enlist referee Wayne Barnes to address Six Nations disciplinary woes | Six Nations 2021 | The Guardian

I remember Gattland doing the same with the Wales squad, and Nigel Owens came into to advise.

Thats a strong Welsh side, would of thought he'd keep Botham on the bench.
Cheers
Aled
Quite right Aled.
Part of coaching is how to stay on the right side of the rules. I remember Gatland getting Owens in.

Even in the lower tiers there was focus on rule interpretation.
The Bristol Combination were very good at this and would run clinics for referees and coaches.
Indeed, in the early 90s when a raft of changes came in they ran a clinic at our club for neighbouring teams. We put two teams out and set up scenarios with rights and wrongs
Think it might have been Ed Morrison running things.

If it can be done at that level, its a no brainer that an international team should have an advisor in the shape of a referee.

Aled

Reaction score
Really enjoy it everytime.
The only issue for me, is that he speaks so quickly that it can be sometimes difficult to get all the speach for non english language native as I am
Sometimes English is my second language as well pfeul..... ;)