Six Nations 2020.

pfeul

Reaction score
Yes that's a genuine shocker. Circumstances are not very clear at the moment but it seems he committed suicide. A 10 m height fall from the top of an old building in st cloud's park on the western suburbs of Paris

Best is to remember what an amazing small quick and slick as an eel winger he was!

And you're right Handel anyone will remember that 1999 try against the blacks when everything looked still on the field but him

Aled

Reaction score
That's really sad news i will never forget watching that game in Tregaron with a load of French Bretons, Tregaron was twinning with Plouvien a town in Brittany that same weekend.
Condolences to family and friends.
Aled

Aled

Reaction score
Weekend nearly upon us, cant see much happening on the Wales front although we live in hope! Ireland should beat Georgia, and France v Italy may be a nice watch for the neutral! Cheers
Aled

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Am now signed up to Amazon Prime for a month so might try to watch some rugby on this at some point over the weekend. Some pretty good films on there too plus free delivery of Amazon purchases so should get my £7.99 worth !

Last edited:

Wee-Eck

Reaction score
Am now signed up to Amazon Prime for a month so might try to watch some rugby on this at some point over the weekend. Some pretty good films on there too plus free delivery of Amazon purchases so should get my £7.99 worth !
If you used your credit card just check as Amazon have a habit of charging you £79 for the whole year. They will refund you if you complain but I think they depend on people not checking.

Aled

Reaction score
OK all here we go again.. so England by at least 10, Ireland by 15, France by 10.
However i'll leave you with my usual message enjoy the rugby all, shout at the TV, drink some beer, sing loud sing proud, but
Dewch mlan Cymru/Come on Wales....we live in hope.
Cheers
Aled

ozzyian

Reaction score
OK all here we go again.. so England by at least 10, Ireland by 15, France by 10.
However i'll leave you with my usual message enjoy the rugby all, shout at the TV, drink some beer, sing loud sing proud, but
Dewch mlan Cymru/Come on Wales....we live in hope.
Cheers
Aled
There's a little bit of interest in Newcastle (NSW) tomorrow morning too. Argentina are facing the ABs after what must have been a very happy and sad couple of weeks sporting wise.

Must admit to hoping that Los Pumas can manage it a second time even though it could well cost NZ it's Prime Minister (well maybe Ian Foster anyway) There's something just a bit off with the ABs at the moment and I don't think that they'll accept any more losses lightly.

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (werethereagodit'dbegod'sowncountry)
Speaking of Newcastle, sounded a great match last night, Flood with a last minute winning try! Stuck in the bush and having to cope with radio coverage rather than watching games, you have to take what there is...

ABs definitely not doing great through this Pandemic and should have gone with Robertson (Wales' next manager? :eek: ) perhaps rather than Hansen II.

I wonder if Wales will play a blinder today and overcome the England defences. You never know, there's always hope. We are after all, salmon fishers.

The looming England-France match should be a good 'un...

ozzyian

Reaction score
Speaking of Newcastle, sounded a great match last night, Flood with a last minute winning try! Stuck in the bush and having to cope with radio coverage rather than watching games, you have to take what there is...

ABs definitely not doing great through this Pandemic and should have gone with Robertson (Wales' next manager? :eek: ) perhaps rather than Hansen II.

I wonder if Wales will play a blinder today and overcome the England defences. You never know, there's always hope. We are after all, salmon fishers.

The looming England-France match should be a good 'un...

If you didn't see the winning try when you do you will find every bit as bizarre as I'm sure the radio commentary tried to convey!

A blacklash can be quite a thing and not a pleasant experience (as the Irish found out a couple of years ago) You have to hand it to them, nilling a top ten side is near impossible but putting 38 on the Pumas is an achievement on its own, didn't watch it but the reports are that it was totally one sided - a bit of a shame.

Interesting start to the Wales game but yes the final should be an excellent study in rugby culture.

seeking

Reaction score
Aye, now having to use BBC :spit: live text for WAL-ENG like I was for the AB's-Pumas.

OK, seems Hansen II did a good job to make sure of that mauling.

It's just as dull as dishwater with a stuttering internet connection. Can't be much better watching TV with no fans in the stadia, especially missing Welsh ones singing!!!.

Last edited:

Aled

Reaction score
Seeking, you should of linked to S4C turned the volume off and listened to radio commentary....its what my Mam does! (My mam can't speak Welsh, but my Dad, brother, sister and I can)

Congratulations England, deserved winners, fair play to Wales though we defended well, and i genuinely expected a hammering! Now those of you who read my posts know that i tend not to slag players and refs off, however i must say on 2 occasions today i saw penalties go to England at scrum time, which i thought should of gone to Wales, ...but hey ho you win some you lose some, against Ireland in the Grand Slam game in 2019, i saw Wales get 2 scrum penalties which i thought should of gone to Ireland!!
So probably Wales v Italy next week, England v France, and Ireland v Scotland, fate has excluded poor Georgia!
Cheers
Aled

salarchaser

Reaction score
Seeking, you should of linked to S4C turned the volume off and listened to radio commentary....its what my Mam does! (My mam can't speak Welsh, but my Dad, brother, sister and I can)

Congratulations England, deserved winners, fair play to Wales though we defended well, and i genuinely expected a hammering! Now those of you who read my posts know that i tend not to slag players and refs off, however i must say on 2 occasions today i saw penalties go to England at scrum time, which i thought should of gone to Wales, ...but hey ho you win some you lose some, against Ireland in the Grand Slam game in 2019, i saw Wales get 2 scrum penalties which i thought should of gone to Ireland!!
So probably Wales v Italy next week, England v France, and Ireland v Scotland, fate has excluded poor Georgia!
Cheers
Aled
Was having similar text discussions with mates during the game.
Twice, bent elbows and an english prop flat on his face (feet too far back) and we get pinged. Also genge running round the outside of francis whose feet never moved.

To be fair, as you say, England edged it, but decisions like that dont help.

Pleased with the way we performed though. A step up over the last month.

Handel

Reaction score
Aled I suspect where Seeking is he can't get S4C. I can't get it in London so not seen the game.

Poite has always thought of himself as a bit of an expert on the scrum. I have never seen any evidence to support this view!

Roag Fisher

Reaction score
Ellis Genge might be in a bit of bother,, unless the camera lied.
The ref missed a direct hit to the neck by the English fullback too.

Aled

Reaction score
I thought S4C was available on all Freeview/Sky boxes (i get BBC Alba and BBC Scotland on my box) my brother lives in London and he watches S4C ...ah well i may be wrong...

UPDATE, just copied from S4C website: "In England, Scotland and Northern Ireland S4C is available on Sky 134, Freesat 120 and Virgin TV 166."

Right feeling a bit guilty as i should of mentioned this, a Welsh sporting icon has reached a milestone today, congratulations to Nigel Owens on refereeing his 100th test match today. Da Iawn Nigel (well done Nigel)
Cheers
Aled

salarchaser

Reaction score
I use 134 to get S4C up in cheshire.

Congrats to Nigel, still one of the best in the business.
Hope he stays on as a TMO after his whistle blowing days are done.

Handel

Reaction score
I have the BT box and it doesn't provide S4C.

I believe Nigel has said he is retiring at the end of this season, having turned 50, and is waiting to see if he is appointed to the Six Nations. Does he have a successor in Wales?

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Can't see S4C on my Freeview options but it does seem to be available as a channel on BBC i player. As I was out during the day yesterday, I just watched the highlights of Wales v England on Amazon Prime. From those the game looked fairly competitive, I would say Wales are improving ?

seeking

Reaction score
I thought S4C was available on all Freeview/Sky boxes (i get BBC Alba and BBC Scotland on my box) my brother lives in London and he watches S4C ...ah well i may be wrong...

UPDATE, just copied from S4C website: "In England, Scotland and Northern Ireland S4C is available on Sky 134, Freesat 120 and Virgin TV 166."

Right feeling a bit guilty as i should of mentioned this, a Welsh sporting icon has reached a milestone today, congratulations to Nigel Owens on refereeing his 100th test match today. Da Iawn Nigel (well done Nigel)
Cheers
Aled
Tried S4C but sadly (actually, make that "glady" because where I am folk's behaviour, and life generally is 99.9% normal) I am outwith those Sceptered Isles and it won't allow me access from this part of the world (we're not in Yorkshire anymore, Toto).

Absolutely right about Mr Owens, what a guy :cool:

Sounds like Wales got fired up and had most of their mojo back as well :cool:

Will try and hack into next weeks programmes...

Last edited:

Handel

Reaction score
Can't see S4C on my Freeview options but it does seem to be available as a channel on BBC i player. As I was out during the day yesterday, I just watched the highlights of Wales v England on Amazon Prime. From those the game looked fairly competitive, I would say Wales are improving ?
Now that is a good point. I recall that I have found it there before as well. Strange how we are all told that competition for showing these games is a good thing and then something we all took it for granted we could watch easily has disappeared.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Who doesn't have Amazon Prime? Worse case scenario you could sign up for 30 days free and then cancel .....
I dont.

Binned off BT Sports and Sky Sports as well.
Found I was watching it for the sake of it.
Its got me away from being a part time couch potato.