Six Nations 2020.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Can I just say, 60 minutes in, apart from one free kick for an early engagement, every scrum between Wales and France have completed cleanly. Not one reset scrum.
Credit to both sides.

Aled

Reaction score
Well done France, now then i havent felt this way for a while. Suddenly Wales don't look like a country who can compete on the World stage. Scotland must be licking their lips!!
Cheers
Aled

Handel

Reaction score
Well done France, now then i havent felt this way for a while. Suddenly Wales don't look like a country who can compete on the World stage. Scotland must be licking their lips!!
Cheers
Aled

Wales have been here before and that was with a former Scarlets coach they shouldn't have appointed to coach Wales. So how long will they take to change things?

Thrasher

Reaction score
Cheers
Aled
You would think so now wouldn't you but we blow hot and cold too often.

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Well done to Ireland and France.

I always thought Ireland would get the bonus point against Italy, they did that with ease.

Some good tries by France but I think Wales will be very disappointed with their defensive performance, normally very strong in that area.

If Ireland get a bonus point win in France, they will be deserving winners.

Shame England didn't have a practice game this weekend but I will be very disappointed if they don't get the bonus point against Italy.

Handel

Reaction score
Well done to Ireland and France.

I always thought Ireland would get the bonus point against Italy, they did that with ease.

Some good tries by France but I think Wales will be very disappointed with their defensive performance, normally very strong in that area.

If Ireland get a bonus point win in France, they will be deserving winners.

Shame England didn't have a practice game this weekend but I will be very disappointed if they don't get the bonus point against Italy.
He was coaching the other team. Quite the stupidest decision I can recall a national body making. His replacement has no international experience and looks out of his depth.

pfeul

Reaction score
Real improvement game after game for the French squad.
They had only one collective training before this game and there is still improvement to come.
Wales really has to improve their defense. Otherwise bad times are coming for them.

Can't wait for the next week games

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
For some reason I had not quite understood the possible outcomes this Saturday. In particular that France can still win the tournament with a win (bonus point win if England get a bonus point) and a better points difference than England. Or that Ireland can still win it without a bonus point if they still have a better points difference than England even if England get a bonus point.

It means that England will have to go full out attack against Italy and try to score as many points as possible whilst Ireland and France will know exactly what they need to do when they meet (doing it is another matter of course !).

Wales v Scotland could go either way IMHO., particularly without the Welsh 16th man - the home crowd !

All a welcome distraction from all the other stuff going on out there at the moment !

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (werethereagodit'dbegod'sowncountry)
Wierd this eh? I had tickets booked (plus a romantic long weekend with my better half) for the ITA-ENG game in March, and here we are months later miserable end to a (fishing) season looming and still we've not a clue what will happen. Fascinating.

Ireland's title to loose, but of course France can scupper their parade.

Shame they can't run all the games at the same time this time round so everyone just knows they must work harder...

Cheers and beers for the first time in a while...

Aled

Reaction score
Well it looks like its going to be a very wet and windy Saturday, so we i don't know about you lot, but i'll be glad of some rugby to watch on Saturday! Just seen the Wales team, George North has been dropped, no real surprise. Must say i quite like the look of the team, and i'm pleased to see Francis back at tight head. Feeling a bit more optimistic than i was, but i still think Scotland could well do it, however wouldn't surprise me if Wales got the win.
Cheers
Aled

Aled

Reaction score
Beat me to it salarchaser: i can remember his final few games, however like most of my generation i was brought up on the 70's rugby videos, and JJ was indeed an exceptional winger. As it happens his daughter married a local lad who i used to coach at youth level a good few years ago. Apparently JJ had been trying to fit the lad up with his daughter since they were 16, not many Dads do that!...but JJ obviously had a good eye for potential partners as well as gaps on the pitch. Condolences to his family and friends. Aled

salarchaser

Reaction score
Beat me to it salarchaser: i can remember his final few games, however like most of my generation i was brought up on the 70's rugby videos, and JJ was indeed an exceptional winger. As it happens his daughter married a local lad who i used to coach at youth level a good few years ago. Apparently JJ had been trying to fit the lad up with his daughter since they were 16, not many Dads do that!...but JJ obviously had a good eye for potential partners as well as gaps on the pitch. Condolences to his family and friends. Aled
Met him a few times as he did some business with my dad. He ran a comercial painting business. A Swansea full back worked with / for him. His name elludes me at the moment (Gwyn Evans maybe).
Got a few international tickets from that source.
Like many of the era he was multi talented, representing wales at athletics in the commonwealth games.
On the fast tracks in S Africa on the 74 lions tour he was unplayable.
Primarily a winger, I seem to recall him having a few outings in the centre.
Worth googling that tour, some brutal rugby, with finesse from the lions to go with it.

billy fish

Reaction score
Voted best player in Europe as well as top try scorer , why does Eddy ignore him ? Or is there something I haven’t heard ?
Sam Simmonds must be at a loss as to what he needs to do. Proven performance in a European competition against players he would have played during the cup campaign Seem to mean very little to EJ. Is he injured?

Handel

Reaction score
Met him a few times as he did some business with my dad. He ran a comercial painting business. A Swansea full back worked with / for him. His name elludes me at the moment (Gwyn Evans maybe).
Got a few international tickets from that source.
Like many of the era he was multi talented, representing wales at athletics in the commonwealth games.
On the fast tracks in S Africa on the 74 lions tour he was unplayable.
Primarily a winger, I seem to recall him having a few outings in the centre.
Worth googling that tour, some brutal rugby, with finesse from the lions to go with it.
The selection for that tour was to put it politely odd. It wasn't helped that Gerald Davies, David Duckham and Mike Gibson all made themselves unavailable for the tour for varying reasons. The other three wingers selected for the tour were not really up to the job - the reserve full back, Andy Irvine, was selected on the wing ahead of them in two tests. It left JJ as the main focus of the Lions attack. He did not let them down.

Aled

Reaction score
Right then last lap of the 2020 6 Nations.
Wales v Scotland: For the neutral this could be a good match. I think Scotland could do it, but a lot will come down to place kicking, so Wales do have the upper hand there...Wales by 3 to 5, but would not surprise me if it goes the other way!
Italy v England, England by lots.
France by Ireland, France by 7.
One word for an exceptional achievement: Huge congratulations to Alun Wyn Jones on a truly exceptional number of caps. I dont think anyone can deny hes one of the best ...ever. Da iawn Alun a Diolch (well done Alun and thanks)
However to you all under exceptional circumstances, enjoy the rugby, drink some beer, shout for your country, sing loud sing proud, (OK it will be in your living room) but finally Dewch mlan Cymru/Come on Wales!
Cheers
Aled

Aled

Reaction score
Ps: i have just decided that i really hope Wales win tomorrow purely for Alun Wyn Jones he deserves it!

Andy Musgrove

Reaction score
It is alleged the team were allowed a couple beers after training. Despite players asking him to stop he kept drinking. Missed training the following morning.
Was told he should stay with the group but wouldn't he considered for the first game.
Took his ball home.
Not sure I Agee folks, I wouldn’t play Russel again. Any player thinks he’s bigger than the team is not worth having besides he’s so hot and cold. The odd brilliant snip is generally offset by poor play giving games away. I thought young Hastings was far more consistent and actually better each game. Exeter shows just what the Kiwis and Springbocks excel at, good set piece is the foundation that allows the clever bits to happen