simple tear drop pattern

pot belly kev

Reaction score
hi all,this is a fly i made for a few people,ive since heard they have done well with it.i normaly make them on the 10mm tear drops tubes but i found out i had ran out of them so had to use the 17mm ones.its basicaly a cascade without the tail.but shows wat an esy pattern u can make with these tubes.one thing though escuse the poor tying please,hope u enjoy

kev

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfMzqITUEaI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfMzqITUEaI[/ame]

Eminem

Reaction score
Kev,
Well done sir. Nice and simple and most importantly looks very fishy :)

One wee tip.......wear a white shirt next time so I can see what's going on :D

Keep up the good work.

Stuart B

Banned
Reaction score
Kev,
Well done sir. Nice and simple and most importantly looks very fishy :)

One wee tip.......wear a white shirt next time so I can see what's going on :D

Keep up the good work.

Might that ( white shirt) not make things worse if it was washed out ( and no I don't mean washed out in the wash)

pot belly kev

Reaction score
many thanks lads,aye mark ill get a light coloured shirt,i am gona do a couple more,ive got the camera till next week.gona do park srimp,cascade and a few more on doubles.also a few tubes if i get time.youtube only gives 10minutes each vid.ill have to tie faster.thanks agai.stuart not sure wat u mean dude.

kev

Stuart B

Banned
Reaction score
many thanks lads,aye mark ill get a light coloured shirt,i am gona do a couple more,ive got the camera till next week.gona do park srimp,cascade and a few more on doubles.also a few tubes if i get time.youtube only gives 10minutes each vid.ill have to tie faster.thanks agai.stuart not sure wat u mean dude.

kev

It means that if lighting and exposure isn't just right extremes like Blacks and whites don't show up properly .Blacks are dense and whites are "washed out" meaning they have no detail .Neutral colours show up better .

pot belly kev

Reaction score
ahh i see stuart,thanks for that info.then i supose u would then have to find some kind of happy medium to use.i see on some videos on you tube(eg:davie mcphails)he wears a light blue shirt stuart.ill try playing around with colours to see wat hapens.i dont normaly like wearing white too much as by the mid day im normaly got oil/grease or something like that covered all over it..thanks again stuart.im gona try another vid today,maybe a park shrimp and a sunray shadow and silver stoats variant.

kev

Stuart B

Banned
Reaction score
ahh i see stuart,thanks for that info.then i supose u would then have to find some kind of happy medium to use.i see on some videos on you tube(eg:davie mcphails)he wears a light blue shirt stuart.ill try playing around with colours to see wat hapens.i dont normaly like wearing white too much as by the mid day im normaly got oil/grease or something like that covered all over it..thanks again stuart.im gona try another vid today,maybe a park shrimp and a sunray shadow and silver stoats variant.

kev

That's right Davie McPhail does tend to wear that blue shirt .
I have also seen vids where the tyer has placed a piece of card in front of him behind the vice but that seems to me to be a bit of a fiddle and probably it would get in the way of the tyer .

Strood

Reaction score
White shirt

I Kev You canny wear i white shirt when you drive a harley Davidson because they always break down ,:D
Nice clear video .
How much does the chevron cock capes cost and are they worth it .

Cheers Strood
seen some of your flies on the river bank .They look :cool:

Last edited:
K

kolmac

As usual up to your very high standard Kev.Always a delight to watch your video clips.
Very informative. Keep them coming.
Kolmac

tweedbunnet

Banned
Reaction score
Kev

Great SBS.

I tried to pm you about the Vice adapter you use

What kind is it as I like the look of them and want to buy one myself.

Where do you get them?

tweedbunnet

Stuart B

Banned
Reaction score
Kev

Great SBS.

I tried to pm you about the Vice adapter you use

What kind is it as I like the look of them and want to buy one myself.

Where do you get them?

tweedbunnet

I've got one of them .It's made by HMH the vice folk . It's on their website but it is sold in this country .

pot belly kev

Reaction score
tweedbunnet sorry been up to my eyes in it lately.as stuart says its the hmh adapter,i had a hard time finding one,everyone was sold out and were struggling to get more supplies,i got mines finaly from sportfish.but had to wait a while.i also use the eumer needle pin,its a tappered needle and costs only a few quid.between the 2 it covers every tubes i tie on.strood yes the chevron capes arwe worth every penny,a while ago i would have never paid £32 for a cape,but now i wouldnt go back to anything else,it makes life so much easier,they tie well and the stems keep bulk down.ill easy take a few hackles off the cape and give u them to try out.sommers tackle has a wide range of them in now,but i do tend to buy direct from christina at chevron.ull save a few quid.and she is very helpfull and if theres something/colour u need she will sort u out nae probs.let me know if u wana try the hackles out and i can sort something out for u.lol aye my flees on the river bank,but its never me thats got them,always other people lol.my flee boxes are always bare.the thing is strood i dont mind,love to see people using and enjoying them.cheers.

kev