Shakespeare switch discontinued

Gannochy

Reaction score
I have fished a Shakey 8/9 6 piece with the Shakey switch line since 2015 I think. It has travelled in my suitcase to British Columbia and Alaska caught loads of fish and is just a great bit of kit. I also had a 7/8 which I found a delight to fish but a tad underpowered so I passed it on to my son. OK have had a few breaks but the great thing is that replacement sections cost only £25. Compare that with the cost of having a Sage, Hardy or any other high end rod with its lifetime guarantee fixed, they seem to charge £80+ just to process the repair.

chriswjx

Reaction score
I have fished a Shakey 8/9 6 piece with the Shakey switch line since 2015 I think. It has travelled in my suitcase to British Columbia and Alaska caught loads of fish and is just a great bit of kit. I also had a 7/8 which I found a delight to fish but a tad underpowered so I passed it on to my son. OK have had a few breaks but the great thing is that replacement sections cost only £25. Compare that with the cost of having a Sage, Hardy or any other high end rod with its lifetime guarantee fixed, they seem to charge £80+ just to process the repair.

I believe the sage fee includes the cost of the new section.

In terms of the price difference, my sage rod was about £600, looking at GuideFlyFishing (the UK warranty holders) a repair is £45.

My shakey was £60 from JN with a discount code, and if a new section is £25, then %wise, its actually worse off :p

Also, Hardy, Greys and Shakespeare are all owned by the same company