Set /ssvt what weight ?

Grahama

Reaction score
Svt /ssvt what weight ?

Does anyone use an ssvt with the 13ft stealth , if so what weight would you recommend!

Last edited:

ibm59

Reaction score
I find the #9 at 540grains a little too light for the rod.
Changing the 10' tip for a 15' #10 tip saw an improvement.

Before my wee turn in June , I'd been messing about with various Scandi Bodies.................

Scandinavian Spey Lines| Rio Scandi Body

...................and 10' + 15' tips of various weights / manufacturers and had found one or two nice combinations for the 13' Century.

I can't remember what those combos were though.:eek:

Try the search facility.
It may turn up some of my ramblings.:rolleyes:

Grahama

Reaction score
Thanks ibm ,
I have done a quick search but will look again . I was planing trying the 15ft tips as well as the 10ft ones but also wondered if the mow tips would work okay with the Scandi body ? I know that Rio say they do but I wonder if you would need to use a heavier body with them ?
I shall be trying a few different combinations over the winter to find what works for me with this rod but any help as to starting weights and lines is welcome .

Paul White

Reaction score
The SSVT #9 (without tips) and scandi body will take 10' MOW and iMOW tips up to T14 with no bother at all.

Paul

Last edited:

Grahama

Reaction score
Picked the rod up from centurey earlier and had a mini tour of their factory , impressive the commitment they have to their products !
First impression of the rod without a line through it ..... Quality , quality and quality and great service from them too !
I shall have to wait till the weekend when I am home to put a line through it but I am sure it will not disappoint. I will have to wait I'll next season to use it in anger but will get plenty of practice using it over the coming months and learn how I can get the best from it (subject to my limitations ) with different lines ..

Reaction score
I use one on my 12'9 stealth. I find the #11 works very well.
I'm not sure about the 13' but can confirm the Scandi body will work lovely with MOW tips.

Grahama

Reaction score
I have a 9# and 10# body to try with a good selection of tips and lots of time till the new season , can't make up my mind about a Scandi line , airflo or Rio ?