serious fishing shop

nitro2012

Reaction score
Lots of bad posts and comments on social media about this shop and most of them are all bad feedback. Seems the covid pandemic is giving this company a get out of jail card at the minute But issue's have been happening long before this pandemic started. It was February of this year i ordered a fly line and had to wait 3 weeks for delivery.

Speytime

Reaction score
I'd seen wading boots I was after in another tackle shop £30 cheaper than anywhere else, this time I done the online research, emailed 1st to make sure they were in stock before actually ordering them, they were in so I ordered them on Monday got a email yesterday saying they'd been sent.

Fishing Tackle And Bait 👍
Hassle free purchase with a £30 discount on my boots, they even had the decency to say we can't guarantee they'll be dispatched tomorrow or Wednesday as we have a back log of orders 👍 that's a pleasant change from they'll be dispatched today/tomorrow 🤣

Al

wormo

Reaction score
Money refunded via PayPal.
funny had a phone call from them this morning saying they had most of the products ready to post first class , apart from a spool of floss which they were gonna refund but found a similar replacement
I hope the order is correct now or I'll blow ma top

Timxyz49

Reaction score
Does any body have a contact number for these cowboys?
I made an order on July 18th and have still not received it,I’ve sent numerous emails and the phone number on the website is just an automated thing. I wouldn’t mind but they said it was all in stock,took my money then 3 days later emailed to say the items weren’t in stock and it would be 7 days,it’s now been 3 weeks and nothing,I would urge anybody not to use them

Hardydemon 86

Reaction score
Does any body have a contact number for these cowboys?
I made an order on July 18th and have still not received it,I’ve sent numerous emails and the phone number on the website is just an automated thing. I wouldn’t mind but they said it was all in stock,took my money then 3 days later emailed to say the items weren’t in stock and it would be 7 days,it’s now been 3 weeks and nothing,I would urge anybody not to use them
9B2A3869-8C53-4D77-B1B1-A02FFCC48A8B.pngIs this the one ?

montymajor

Reaction score
Cant see how there is a delay in post because of covid,ordered a rod from uttings on the 5th and recieved it on the seventh to ireland great service.

Timxyz49

Reaction score
I can’t either,I’ve ordered plenty of things online from all over the U.K and received the majority of them next day or within 2/3 days.
I’m now coming up to nearly a month of waiting for serious fishing to even reply to my emails.
If I don’t here anything by tomorrow I’ll be reporting them to my bank and try and get my money back. It’s absolutely disgusting service

Slaneybs

Reaction score
I placed an order last week for 2 very hard to find items which were both shown as in stock on the website. Having seen this thread I then emailed them to confirm that items were actually in stock. I got automated email followed by actual reply within 12 hours. 1 item turned out not to be available but I got a refund it within a couple of hours and the second item arrived express within 48 hours which is a good service. overall i was a satisfied customer.

wormo

Reaction score
I placed an order last week for 2 very hard to find items which were both shown as in stock on the website. Having seen this thread I then emailed them to confirm that items were actually in stock. I got automated email followed by actual reply within 12 hours. 1 item turned out not to be available but I got a refund it within a couple of hours and the second item arrived express within 48 hours which is a good service. overall i was a satisfied customer.
problem is , if u had not contacted them would they have notified you , and i cant fathom any system allowing you to order out of stock items

Timxyz49

Reaction score
Well,I managed to find the director of the company and I rang him at his other business,to be fair I had a phone call yesterday and my order was dispatched yesterday,fingers crossed it arrives today. Only took 4 weeks!!

Salmonkid

Reaction score
Hi just a head up mate. I used this shop for a Simms G4 goretex cap and there was a massive delay with dispatch. I sent multiple emails and had no answers tried phoning etc and still no response wasn’t until I involved PayPal that I finally had a response. They then offered me a discounted price for the hat and ignored my emails then after wouldn’t use it again!

Big loop

Reaction score
Well,I managed to find the director of the company and I rang him at his other business,to be fair I had a phone call yesterday and my order was dispatched yesterday,fingers crossed it arrives today. Only took 4 weeks!!
Hi there could you send me that number I have tryed everything to get a hold of them for three weeks waiting on a rod thanks

Timxyz49

Reaction score
Hi there could you send me that number I have tryed everything to get a hold of them for three weeks waiting on a rod thanks
I haven’t got it to hand but if you do a google search you should be able to find it from their,search for serious fishing,then the company name comes up if you then search that on company’s house the others are registered it was the finance/loan company I rang to speak to him
Hope this helps

lowforcefly

Reaction score
problem is , if u had not contacted them would they have notified you , and i cant fathom any system allowing you to order out of stock items
Fancy web ordering site, that could easily be used to auto update stock levels ...it's not rocket science ?
Ordered 6 SA tapered leaders, all showing in stock, 14 days later nothing...emailed them, got standard reply CV19 causing delays, 7 days later they just arrived ?? 3 days after my fishing session ?
Ordered 2 fishing items from Finland, and 1 from Germany the same day...all arrived within 5 days??
All in all, that week, I had 3 orders go 'T Up' all from UK based companies, including 1 which initially sent me the wrong thing, which I had to send back, then it turned out the supposed right thing wasn't ....they has got the advertisement wrong, which I then had to send back to get a refund...I could have bought their item £2 quid cheaper at my local shop, but, unfortunately, they didn't stock the item I wanted .....cost me £6 to return both, signed for...faith had completely gone by then ?, and 2 x 25mile round trips to my nearest PO... on a £15 item ? :rolleyes:
To be fair he did offer to refund postage, and did throw in a little freebie, but by then I just wanted it to end, and go away, so I just sent the lot back :sick:....never again !
Sick of companies advertising items the haven't actually got in stock....why can't they be honest and tell you they are going to have to get it in ?

Mel....

Timxyz49

Reaction score
Did you manage to find the details?
If your struggling let me know and I’ll have a look for you

Timxyz49

Reaction score
Fancy web ordering site, that could easily be used to auto update stock levels ...it's not rocket science ?
Ordered 6 SA tapered leaders, all showing in stock, 14 days later nothing...emailed them, got standard reply CV19 causing delays, 7 days later they just arrived ?? 3 days after my fishing session ?
Ordered 2 fishing items from Finland, and 1 from Germany the same day...all arrived within 5 days??
All in all, that week, I had 3 orders go 'T Up' all from UK based companies, including 1 which initially sent me the wrong thing, which I had to send back, then it turned out the supposed right thing wasn't ....they has got the advertisement wrong, which I then had to send back to get a refund...I could have bought their item £2 quid cheaper at my local shop, but, unfortunately, they didn't stock the item I wanted .....cost me £6 to return both, signed for...faith had completely gone by then ?, and 2 x 25mile round trips to my nearest PO... on a £15 item ? :rolleyes:
To be fair he did offer to refund postage, and did throw in a little freebie, but by then I just wanted it to end, and go away, so I just sent the lot back :sick:....never again !
Sick of companies advertising items the haven't actually got in stock....why can't they be honest and tell you they are going to have to get it in ?

Mel....
I think a lot of these “online” companies (albeit serious fishing does have a shop in Ireland) don’t keep much stock to hand and rely on getting the items direct from suppliers on a next day order so they can send them out to us,the customer when they’ve received it. The problem is at the moment with all this Covid stuff the suppliers are struggling to fulfill orders quickly due to lack of staff in both the factories and mail depots etc and therefore the “shops” selling these items are coming unstuck-as is the case with this one.

If you have a look for numerous fishing items on numerous websites (mepps flying Cs for one)you can’t find them anywhere at the moment,(at least you couldn’t a few weeks ago)and I can only assume this is down to the ongoing problems in France but at least most websites have the decency to say out of stock

lowforcefly

Reaction score
I think a lot of these “online” companies (albeit serious fishing does have a shop in Ireland) don’t keep much stock to hand and rely on getting the items direct from suppliers on a next day order so they can send them out to us,the customer when they’ve received it. The problem is at the moment with all this Covid stuff the suppliers are struggling to fulfill orders quickly due to lack of staff in both the factories and mail depots etc and therefore the “shops” selling these items are coming unstuck-as is the case with this one.

If you have a look for numerous fishing items on numerous websites (mepps flying Cs for one)you can’t find them anywhere at the moment,(at least you couldn’t a few weeks ago)and I can only assume this is down to the ongoing problems in France but at least most websites have the decency to say out of stock
I order a lot stuff with my work, Project Engineering, and know full well they don't have the things in stock, and am well aware that my final invoice will include their sourcing costs...although it won't actually be stated...that is the norm now, but I have to, and do, expect them to be honest, upfront, and communicate about delivery issues !
I can't plan a major install, crewing up, and aligning other resources, just to be let down by one outfit?
You can't expect small outfits to sign up to the contractual commitment, or penalty implications, we now have to put in place in industry.
It is, however, not much to ask for a bit of honesty, and communication ? It was the 1st time I had used 'Serious,' and waited 14 days before contacting them, trying to be reasonable, given the CV19 situation we all find ourselves in, but it was, in my opinion, a case of get the order at all costs, and worry about full filling it later....Trust is a two way thing....and repeat orders are definitely a trust thing for me ?
In stock means they have it? Why not be honest and say it has to be ordered in, and let me, the paying customer, decide if my situ. allows me to wait ?
I won't be bothering them again !

Mel....

Timxyz49

Reaction score
I order a lot stuff with my work, Project Engineering, and know full well they don't have the things in stock, and am well aware that my final invoice will include their sourcing costs...although it won't actually be stated...that is the norm now, but I have to, and do, expect them to be honest, upfront, and communicate about delivery issues !
I can't plan a major install, crewing up, and aligning other resources, just to be let down by one outfit?
You can't expect small outfits to sign up to the contractual commitment, or penalty implications, we now have to put in place in industry.
It is, however, not much to ask for a bit of honesty, and communication ? It was the 1st time I had used 'Serious,' and waited 14 days before contacting them, trying to be reasonable, given the CV19 situation we all find ourselves in, but it was, in my opinion, a case of get the order at all costs, and worry about full filling it later....Trust is a two way thing....and repeat orders are definitely a trust thing for me ?
In stock means they have it? Why not be honest and say it has to be ordered in, and let me, the paying customer, decide if my situ. allows me to wait ?
I won't be bothering them again !

Mel....
That’s very true!
The thing is,serious fishing do have a lot of “hard to find” items,if they were just honest from the start as you say,that’s all you ask as a paying customer.
Reading reviews online they seem to have been having the same “issues” even before Covid 19 so I think that’s just a convenient excuse.
I’m with you,I won’t bother again!!
Tight lines

Sprintavoj

Reaction score
Ordered some Rio versileaders a month ago on the understanding that their website said "in stock". Guess what? They didn't turn up !

All credit to them though, they got something right...... my full refund to Paypal, yesterday.

Bunch of idiots, won't even be looking at their website again, let alone ordering anything.

Big loop

Reaction score
Did you manage to find the details?
If your struggling let me know and I’ll have a look for you
Hi there got it all sorted was waiting for 2 weeks and they send me an email saying just waiting on diawa get the order to us will take another week just got my money back thanks for your help