serious fishing shop

wormo

Reaction score
hi guys , came across above shop based in
N Ireland , anyone used them , I was searching for decent bucktail and they have hairline stuff which is in my experience usually decent

JoeE

Reaction score
Know the man working in it, great little shop and will order in for you if they don't have stock. Loyalty points system as well and just yesterday I picked up a Guideline pouch wallet for £13.50 using points.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Good prices. However, I ordered a line from them before Christmas and despite what the website said; it clearly wasn’t a stock item and only arrived 3 weeks later. Nothing to do with Christmas rush.

I doubt you’d have the same issue with bucktail.

JoeE

Reaction score
Had an order come in yesterday again, shipped fast but normal postage delays

wormo

Reaction score
Good prices. However, I ordered a line from them before Christmas and despite what the website said; it clearly wasn’t a stock item and only arrived 3 weeks later. Nothing to do with Christmas rush.

I doubt you’d have the same issue with bucktail.
unfortunately they are gonna be at least 14 days late

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
unfortunately they are gonna be at least 14 days late
Sorry to hear that. There’s probably a CV-19 factor at work too, or maybe they’re having to stalk the deer first.....

I think a lot of small operators scale up the web site and sales side of the business without scaling up the infrastructure, in particular stock control.

On the other hand, there’s probably not one business in the land that hasn’t let somebody down and it’s almost bound to happen at some point. GAC sending me the wrong Polaroid’s the day before a trip, AA leaving the tapered leaders to sunbathe....

At least you’ll have plenty to tie when they do arrive.

Woodsy

Reaction score
I have to say, serious fishing/outdoors are a fantastic outfit and a shop with a massive range of gear and salmon fishing knowledge.

Our post over here has been awfull, taking 3 or 4 weeks at times, so I assume outgoing post has the same delay.

Old story..The owner of the shop use to work in a shop in Belfast (Braddells) I use to visit when younger. I called in looking jungle cock not aware of the cost and rarity, I must had been about 13 or 14. They didn't stock it but he said come back tomorrow and he will sort me out. I got the bus into town the next day and he gave me about a third of his own JC cape for free. I thought that was a lovely gesture to help out a keen teenager. That was 20 years ago, I haven't forgot that and will drop into the shop anytime I'm near Ballymena now

JoeE

Reaction score
Bought my first ever Double hander and reel from Braddells in Belfast. Was such a shame to see the store go.

Woodsy

Reaction score
Bought my first ever Double hander and reel from Braddells in Belfast. Was such a shame to see the store go.
It was a real joy to visit the shop, the best stocked shop around. I also liked visiting Tommy McCutchins and hearing about his days at Carnroe. Out of the four tackle shops i knew in Belfast only the one remains 😥

wormo

Reaction score
just to dig this up again ordered on or around 6th June, still no sign and all im being told is the hareline products are delayed
should i have asked for a refund , im now running low on bucktails I had ordered a decent amount all white so I can dye , not only that I ordered a goo few other things which they say they have so why didn't they send them? its putting my orders back now
I know the situation is causing delays but thats over a month now , I will contact the on Monday again as I really need what I ordered or the money back to re orderd somewhere else ,