Secret Weapons

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Quality tying sir :thumb: I'm becoming a fan of the loop doubles great to tie on :nod:

ibm59

Reaction score
Quality tying sir :thumb: I'm becoming a fan of the loop doubles great to tie on :nod:
I like the Loop doubles , but not for shrimp style patterns for some reason.
Sorry , FP. :redface:

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
Cheers guys

I like the loop too. Good strong hook. Hopefully these get tested 😁

I like the hooks for Shrimps ibm:thumb: good shank length and wide gape so you can get plenty on. Without looking cramped 😊😊... I appreciate some dont like the down eyed look tho👍

Last edited:

onelastcast

Reaction score
super looking flies,do you class the flash as an essential part of the tail or do you tie some without,again great tying best wishes onelastcast

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
super looking flies,do you class the flash as an essential part of the tail or do you tie some without,again great tying best wishes onelastcast
Depends, I'll use it on the bigger flies. Mainly as they're bring fished in bigger and often dirty water but on the wee shrimps 12 or below I'll leave it out

onelastcast

Reaction score
Thanks for that I can see your reasoning for that ,Ihave only really used 1 irish shrimp pattern the curries gold shrimp without flash which has been a reliable pattern in clearing water -will have to try some other patterns your tyings certainly give insperation lets hope we get some fishing in this season in these uncertain times,best onelastcast