Seatrout and the new salmon conservation rules

salmo76

Reaction score
Contacted Marine Scotland - Salmon and Recreational Fisheries Team ( Fiona.Hepburn@scotland.gsi.gov.uk ) who have confirmed that the new Salmon regs. definitely do not apply to seatrout regardless of any inference in the 2003 regs. First time salmon and seatrout have been defined as separate species under government regs, i believe. Therefore it is perfectly legal to take a seatrout, within the defined salmon season, before April.

gotoneon

Reaction score
Contacted Marine Scotland - Salmon and Recreational Fisheries Team ( Fiona.Hepburn@scotland.gsi.gov.uk ) who have confirmed that the new Salmon regs. definitely do not apply to seatrout regardless of any inference in the 2003 regs. First time salmon and seatrout have been defined as separate species under government regs, i believe. Therefore it is perfectly legal to take a seatrout, within the defined salmon season, before April.

Well done Salmo!!:)

Loxie

Reaction score

Splendid. I could do with a double like button!