Sea Trouting Set Up wanted

Tyke777

Reaction score
Hi,I am looking for a Rod, Reel and Line for the future son in law!!
We are off up to the western isles in a couple of weeks and would like to introduce him to estuary fishing and sea pool fishing for Sea Trout while we are there. Has anyone got a surplus to requirement set up that I may purchase for him?
Many thanks in anticipation
Malcolm

D

Deleted member 945

Shakespeare agility 2. 10 foot 7 weight will be just the job. A good rod for not much money.

the Stillwater SLX reel is the same as the old vision GTs (must have bought the design off them) and is a good reel. If saltwater you could splash a bit on one of the cheaper Lamsons.

Line- Speak to mike at Barrio lines. Excellent lines for £30ish

There is some decent quality cheap Tackle about these day which is good news for newcomers

Last edited by a moderator:

Waddington

Reaction score
A 'decent quality, cheap Rachel.' Sounds interesting :D.

Phil

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21259

Personally I would swerve the Shakespeare Agility and opt for a John Norris 10ft 7# single hander. I believe that they are currently offering a free line with them. I would however pair the rod up with a Barrio SLX line and you can get hold of a Vision Rulla reel. The whole set up should run to about a hundred and fifty quid. The set up will perform at least equal to stuff costing five times the price.

D

Deleted member 945

Personally I would swerve the Shakespeare Agility and opt for a John Norris 10ft 7# single hander. I believe that they are currently offering a free line with them. I would however pair the rod up with a Barrio SLX line and you can get hold of a Vision Rulla reel. The whole set up should run to about a hundred and fifty quid. The set up will perform at least equal to stuff costing five times the price.

That's definitely a great set up Geoff but can you really get all that for £150? I think the reel alone would be about that but would love to know if they are on sale anywhere..

cheers

simon