Sea Trout proboard

alan

Reaction score
Hi
It probably died from acute apathy.
I was on it for the first few years, remember asking a question about fishing the Ugie. The answer I got back was more or less we only concentrate on Welsh rivers.
So I left it at that.
Alan

charlieH

Reaction score
I saw a message there some weeks ago from David, who stepped up and took over the running of it some years ago after Gethyn Thomas died, saying that he wasn't going to continue to manage and moderate it, and asking if anyone else was prepared to step up and take it on. Presumably nobody could be bothered. A shame, as it used to be a good resource but it just seemed to have dwindled away in recent years.

Lostcityboy

Reaction score
I saw a message there some weeks ago from David, who stepped up and took over the running of it some years ago after Gethyn Thomas died, saying that he wasn't going to continue to manage and moderate it, and asking if anyone else was prepared to step up and take it on. Presumably nobody could be bothered. A shame, as it used to be a good resource but it just seemed to have dwindled away in recent years.
Too much childish squabbling about politics concerning the towy and administrator took critics to heart instead of banning them as it got personal,but all in all a good source of information lost.......

tenet

Reaction score
The Salmon Fishing Proboard seems to be dying from lack of posting - the last post was on the 1st September. I started a thread in early June in the "General Board" and no new threads have been started since under that heading.

sewinfly

Reaction score
I was a member for a number of years it's a pity it's gone because there was some good posts from some good anglers regarding tactics,flies etc.Lost all my posts to.

But over the years the Towy thread has taken centre stage with muck spreading being a big issue,febs and rightly so with the decline of the sewin.

I once posted several flies on there years ago and administration told me if I was not going to do a step by step with photos don't bother basically. Did not have the time for this and my way of thinking was it's better to post than not.

Seatrout Forum is good but not a patch on what it use to be but it is moving forward.

Sewinfly. .....

Johnny Smithson

Reaction score
I guess it probably reflects the dwindling band of die-hard seatrout anglers, especially those in my neck of the woods (SW England) who are usually restricted to night-time forays. I wonder what the rod effort is on the Dartmoor rivers these days. The word on the riverbank is 'not much'! So you could take a positive from this, as there may be less fishing pressure overall and hence more opportunity for the determined nocturnal angler. Just remember that you might have to take a machete to do some gardening and get a line out on your old favourite pools...