Sea Trout on the Clyde at Faslane

Tommy B

Reaction score
[/IMG]

Sea Trout fishing, very close in at Rhu Narrows near hellensburgh. Blanked that night, but who cares :cool:

a fantastic spot that is great for sea trout in the early months before they head upto the rivers, freelining mackerel strips, fishing jumping everywhere.

Last edited:

Tommy B

Reaction score
Unfortunarly that pic was taken in may/june 9-10 pm ish, we had a few nights like this last season, was amazing , i could have sat there all night. we used to see a seal around there a lot, but i heard some ejit killed it, gun shot aparently.

hopefully i will get to go there again this comming season, i had many smallish sea trout there 2-3lb, a friend of mine had one of 8lb and i saw a at least a 10-12lb fish taken there, i wrote up a guide and some maps on another site for this area, pm me if you want a link.

Tommy

Last edited:

reddie

Reaction score
Is that near Millport??I was there recently in the marine research station with college.Whenever we had a break we would go spinning off the rock and catch makeral:D

ruairaidh

Reaction score
No Reddie it's across the other side of the Clyde and inland a bit..Rhu is near Helensburgh, the picture you see is the narrow entrance to the Gareloch.

Last edited:

colin

Reaction score
Great photo. Brings back memories as this is where I learnt to fish as a kid, well it was on the other side of the narrows on the Rosneath side as I used to live over there. :)