Scottish politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roag Fisher

Reaction score

I am struggling with the "supermajority" debate, and the idea it gives a mandate for anything, given it would be the same people voting twice for indy parties. Much ado about (what should be) nothing.

Mon the fish

Reaction score
I see in the Sunday Mail this morning the latest electioneering stunt by the SNP. They have promised to give every school child a laptop or a tablet.
So with us being in the middle of a pandemic and all the schools shut until recently why were laptops and tablets not deemed as a priority this time last year.
Is she giving you one also as you must be close to burning out the one you have posting all this Tory crap

Nigel Passmore

Reaction score
Ah Nigel, you know that I didn't struggle with the history you mentioned; you quoted the parliamentary turnout for the wtong gathering.
Also, you know only too well who I am.
I was asking who Effie Deans was because she was quoted as an impartial blogger, free from any politics or media links. I was merely pointing out that, if he/she hides their true identity, how can they possibly be believed to be impartial?
Actually, I don’t know who you are. You are challenging the varasity of someone who posts under a username while posting under a username - you don’t see the irony in that? As for history I quoted the correct vote in the Scottish Parliament that made the Union actually happen and many other things you were incorrect about. No matter to me as a Man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Regards

NHP

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I see in the Sunday Mail this morning the latest electioneering stunt by the SNP. They have promised to give every school child a laptop or a tablet.
So with us being in the middle of a pandemic and all the schools shut until recently why were laptops and tablets not deemed as a priority this time last year.

And how is she going to pay for this ? Through more money that she's siphoning from wee rishi that
was supposed to prop up small business's and help them through this s💩💩t storm . I'd love to see an audit of the books to see exactly what she's done with the said money

Oh and now we're gonna have two corrupt perverted parties in scotland ,. We're fecked 🤬

Last edited:

Fruin

Reaction score
Actually, I don’t know who you are. You are challenging the varasity of someone who posts under a username while posting under a username - you don’t see the irony in that? As for history I quoted the correct vote in the Scottish Parliament that made the Union actually happen and many other things you were incorrect about. No matter to me as a Man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Regards

NHP
I was challenging Salmo76's assertion that she is not connected to any political party. That is impossible to say for certain if we don't know who she is.
For the record, I have already stated that I am not impartial, as I believe in independence.
I do get the irony. However, I also see the irony of some others on here accusing the SNP of propoganda while admitting to funding propoganda groups 🤣😂

tealblue

Reaction score
Is she giving you one also as you must be close to burning out the one you have posting all this Tory crap

I've deliberated to see if it's worth the while to reply to your post. The only bit I could get my head round was" posting all this tory crap" I think you must be getting the publications mixed up. We all know that the Mail on Sunday is a Tory paper, the Sunday Mail had more leanings to the labour party in years past.
Swinney has just been on BBC Scotland and made a statement regarding free laptops for every school child by the SNP which is what my post was all about. So maybe he's defected to the tory's with all this crap:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

The rest of your sentence for me is a jumble of words tbh so its a 1out of ten for me, so back to school for you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

williegunn2

Reaction score
So maybe he's defected to the tory's with all this crap:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

The rest of your sentence for me is a jumble of words tbh so its a 1out of ten for me, so back to school for you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The Tory’s what or do you mean Tories?
The difference between the plural and the possessive.

Bonito

Reaction score
For the record, I have already stated that I am not impartial, as I believe in independence.
So did I for many a year but not now as the most basic questions cannot be answered.
1) Which currency would Scotland use.
2) What would be the back up to said currency,oil, gold ???
3) What defence capability would we have.
4) What makes up for the black hole of the billions we would not get from the Barnet formula
5) Would there be a hard border with our largest trading partner, the rest of the UK.
6) How many years of very hard austerity would be required to get semi stable
7) How much extra tax would every working person have to pay to make up the black hole.

Answer even the first one and you are doing better than the snp did in 2014 as they had not a clue. Best they came up with was we are entitled to use the pound, its` our pound as well. OK then the currency is backed up by the Bank of England so Scotlands fiscal policy is dictated by the BOE. Pointless excercise. Answer just the first one.

keirstream

Reaction score

I am struggling with the "supermajority" debate, and the idea it gives a mandate for anything, given it would be the same people voting twice for indy parties. Much ado about (what should be) nothing.
Any overstated result based on using these tactics would very quickly be discredited by the U.K. Government and would not help the Indy cause one iota. There is no question about it, Bravebelly isn't daft. He is trying to divide and conquer the Indy movement and undermine Sturgeon.
With his charm, charisma and credibility, who knows what he could achieve?:D
And so, the merry go round turns again.

Strathglass

Reaction score
I was challenging Salmo76's assertion that she is not connected to any political party. That is impossible to say for certain if we don't know who she is.
I do get the irony. However, I also see the irony of some others on here accusing the SNP of propoganda while admitting to funding propoganda groups 🤣😂
I thought you were barred from here? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

keirstream

Reaction score
Interesting take on The People's Front of Caledonia.
Or is it The Caledonia People's Front?:unsure::unsure:

Roag Fisher

Reaction score
Any overstated result based on using these tactics would very quickly be discredited by the U.K. Government and would not help the Indy cause one iota. There is no question about it, Bravebelly isn't daft. He is trying to divide and conquer the Indy movement and undermine Sturgeon.

This is quite a good summary of where we are now -

mows

Reaction score
This is quite a good summary of where we are now -

Its going to be interesting.
Im not sure the orginal voting system was designed for fair represenation, but more to ensure there could never be a majority and hence a permanent lame duck hung parliament.

Brassneck Eck.
Did quite well managing a minority government and i think everyone learned from that.

I wouldnt surprised me if the Libdems were to come to Nippys rescue and act as king maker, leaving Brassneck Eck on the sidelines.

Theres still a few weeks to go for all sides to work out how to game the new setup.

goosander

Reaction score
Tom.
Who are you talking about. The same snake oil salesman that can not stand to be out of the limelight. M.P. and stayed an M.P. while he got an S.M.P. seat.
Bob..

keirstream

Reaction score
Tom.
Who are you talking about. The same snake oil salesman that can not stand to be out of the limelight. M.P. and stayed an M.P. while he got an S.M.P. seat.
Bob..
The very same man Bob, with a huge slice of irony and sarcasm mixed in.:D

Last edited:

Bonito

Reaction score
Can`t say I`m remotely surprised, as always, no response to my post 609 above. Looks more an more as if this indy drive is simply going to be based on a wing, a prayer and blind faith. That will work well.

keirstream

Reaction score
Can`t say I`m remotely surprised, as always, no response to my post 609 above. Looks more an more as if this indy drive is simply going to be based on a wing, a prayer and blind faith. That will work well.
And you won't.
7 simple questions that the S.N.P. spin doctors should be able to answer off the cuff.
But none of them can.
Truth is, they have no answers.
Wing and a prayer sounds about right.
And they expect us to allow them to run our country?????:eek::eek:

ozzyian

Reaction score

I think that this is the problem Bonito. When it comes down to it a small handful of unanswerable questions makes independence totally unpalatable to more than half the citizens. More so now because more of the population understand the realities than was the case 7 years ago when oil was the touted financial enabler.

The SNP grip on power relies on the threat of calling for Indyref 2 whilst not actually wanting one (like everyone else bar a few of the most optimistic of simpletons in Scotland) The threat is held up high and used as the political tool. God only knows what they would say if the UK Govt called an Indyref 2 for the end of the summer in an attempt to break the paralysis. They won't because they don't need to.

In the meantime It's a nightmare scenario where we are all held to political ransom. Enough of the population are happy to toy with their dislike of Westminster by voting for the SNP in local elections but not so unhappy as to put their money where their mouths are and financially wreck the country by approving independence.

What is the solution?

Fruin

Reaction score
Just not had a chance to look at it yet, some of us are busy 😉

goosander

Reaction score
I think that this is the problem Bonito. When it comes down to it a small handful of unanswerable questions makes independence totally unpalatable to more than half the citizens. More so now because more of the population understand the realities than was the case 7 years ago when oil was the touted financial enabler.

The SNP grip on power relies on the threat of calling for Indyref 2 whilst not actually wanting one (like everyone else bar a few of the most optimistic of simpletons in Scotland) The threat is held up high and used as the political tool. God only knows what they would say if the UK Govt called an Indyref 2 for the end of the summer in an attempt to break the paralysis. They won't because they don't need to.

In the meantime It's a nightmare scenario where we are all held to political ransom. Enough of the population are happy to toy with their dislike of Westminster by voting for the SNP in local elections but not so unhappy as to put their money where their mouths are and financially wreck the country by approving independence.

What is the solution?
Had a feeling at the start of the last indyref that Salmond was not bothered about the banking system so that they would lose the ref. Had it been won then the S.N.P. and Salmond were no longer required. That would kill his ego.
Let the wind drop a bit and then I can do something simple like going fishing.
Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.