Scottish hero

billy fish

Reaction score
On a walk about my town I stopped to read this blue plaque having walked past it on numerous occasions.
DE85CECF-EAA1-413C-B417-CA8EDA6B5E6F.jpeg

I “googled “ the man and his history and found a real”boys own” story of bravery and heroism under fire. He died and was buried in my town . A lot of the detail is on the plaque but the full story of the man is easily found by googling his name.
In recent years the local British Legion renovated the grave site in keeping with the man who performed such heroic deeds and much deserved the VC He was awarded. On retiring to Sidmouth he pursued his hobbies of fishing and shooting.

westie4566

Reaction score
Hardly a maradonna thread..have you actually read the thread title..?
Everyone did...it was you who decided to be derogatory.

Do please 'do one' off here. I'm not the only one to have reported your utter drivel since your re-appearance.

May I suggest that you join your local Woman's Guild. That'll give you ALL the opportunities to engage in idle inanities with the added bonus that you can do it whilst knitting a new scarf!

(No offence to the WG mind!!)

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Flappy,

I've been following along as you cruise from thread posting useless comments.

Andrew B

Reaction score
They don’t hand those out like confetti.
Couldn’t of retired to a nicer place though. Spent many a time on the river Otter, not far from Sidmouth.

goosander

Reaction score
Everyone did...it was you who decided to be derogatory.

Do please 'do one' off here. I'm not the only one to have reported your utter drivel since your re-appearance.

May I suggest that you join your local Woman's Guild. That'll give you ALL the opportunities to engage in idle inanities with the added bonus that you can do it whilst knitting a new scarf!

(No offence to the WG mind!!)
Better hope Andy my wife does not read that.

billy fish

Reaction score
It’s a shame when something I thought would be of interest could degenerate into this .
Can admin be more active in sorting this out type of thing otherwise you will run out of posters.