SCOTLAND,RIVER CART AND RIVER GRYFFE.

jimmythefish

Reaction score
The river cart from linwood to lochwinnoch offers some of the best unbeatable fishing I've came across, for £30 a year season ticket no waiting list + you can fish lochwinnoch and the Barr loch both hold monster pike with the same membership. The river cart itself sees the regular anglers catch salmon double figure fish,and the good anglers catch over 10 fish a season,fish arrive July till October, great river and unbeatable price. If anyone is interested I'd get a season ticket before they put a lock on how many members they want, I've taken a few trout on it on the small rapala you can worm ,use fly and lure fish , if anyone is interested you can see them on YouTube at jimmythefish.com to give you a sort of idea. The river Gryffe in bridge of weir in renfrewshire is another great river if salmon and sea trout and brown trout is your quarry,day tickets are £10 and get em at the local paper shop in the village it's only 4 miles from the black cart at linwood and both rivers flow into the river Clyde, Tight lines guys......Jimmy.....

Last edited:

jimmythefish

Reaction score
If anyone wants any info on this river I can tell you where to buy a season ticket, I've caught salmon now in 3 different rivers in 3 different countries, glad to say I took my first salmon on this river last year in my home country. Now I'm looking to get the nearest salmon river in England to Scotland to make it 4 rivers in 4 countries, if any of the lads know of a river I would go to please let me know boys. Thanks .......

The Wild One

Reaction score
i would like to fish these water sometime.
What is the ideal water height on the sepa river levels so that I don't turn up one day and the river could be too high or too low.

jimmythefish

Reaction score
The river never fishes well after huge huge rainfall as the river fills from the loch at lochwinnoch and sends heavy dirty water down, so to give you mate a sepa level from me would be a bit hit and miss, but usually after, in fact, always after a good plump of rain the river fishes great with very few anglers on her.What I will do for you buddy is send you a PM when good water is there,though there is always the deep pools that always seem to hold deep good water. Wait till July and I'll post on the forum as the fish start to run and tell you where to go exactly . (y)

jimmythefish

Reaction score
No fish in the river yet,just a wee update for any of the lads wanting a crack at this great wee river. I take it the fish are all lieing out at the estuary waiting to run,with rain forecast this week we might have a show. As soon as fish are being caught I'll let you know guys. (y) Jimmythefish.

Chriscampbell

Reaction score
No fish in the river yet,just a wee update for any of the lads wanting a crack at this great wee river. I take it the fish are all lieing out at the estuary waiting to run,with rain forecast this week we might have a show. As soon as fish are being caught I'll let you know guys. (y) Jimmythefish.
Will be interested in giving this river a bash as I’m close by, will keep an eye out for updates

jimmythefish

Reaction score
No problem Chris let you and the lads know as soon as the run starts, me and the wife watched a young lad last year from your part of the country who took out a day ticket, we watched him from the bridge in the town. The only mistake the young fella had was he told us he forgot his landing net that morning, he had just hooked a belter of a fish on a silver Toby,as he forgot the net he tried to lift the fish out the water just trying to hoke it onto the bank,this thing had a head on it like a bull dog a cracking fish, he got it up the bank when the line went crack off went the salmon and Toby and all with a huge plump of water up stream, I felt so sorry for him as he was really shaken. Seen him a week or so later away up river and he was laughing about it then, so good on him.

Stuart1108

Reaction score
The river never fishes well after huge huge rainfall as the river fills from the loch at lochwinnoch and sends heavy dirty water down, so to give you mate a sepa level from me would be a bit hit and miss, but usually after, in fact, always after a good plump of rain the river fishes great with very few anglers on her.What I will do for you buddy is send you a PM when good water is there,though there is always the deep pools that always seem to hold deep good water. Wait till July and I'll post on the forum as the fish start to run and tell you where to go exactly . (y)
0.5 0.6 is best hight on sepa for the gryffe

Stuart1108

Reaction score
Had a 2.4 lbs sea trout last week and seen a salmon in the river also just need to know where to look 😉😉

Stuart1108

Reaction score
How far up the gryffe was the salmon Stuart.
Just above the caves between crosslee and Houston and I've seen 1 below that atleast but there was rain after a seen it dont know if will have made it over falls yet but there is alot of rain tomorrow so there should be fish over Monday I recon I had my sea trout out of the crosslea bit usually put them back but this was a cracker and I wanted to try eating in was actually very nice

Attachments

jimmythefish

Reaction score
Just above the caves between crosslee and Houston and I've seen 1 below that atleast but there was rain after a seen it dont know if will have made it over falls yet but there is alot of rain tomorrow so there should be fish over Monday I recon I had my sea trout out of the crosslea bit usually put them back but this was a cracker and I wanted to try eating in was actually very nice
Brilliant Stuart, congratulations buddy,well done

stiv salmon

Reaction score
The river cart from linwood to lochwinnoch offers some of the best unbeatable fishing I've came across, for £30 a year season ticket no waiting list + you can fish lochwinnoch and the Barr loch both hold monster pike with the same membership. The river cart itself sees the regular anglers catch salmon double figure fish,and the good anglers catch over 10 fish a season,fish arrive July till October, great river and unbeatable price. If anyone is interested I'd get a season ticket before they put a lock on how many members they want, I've taken a few trout on it on the small rapala you can worm ,use fly and lure fish , if anyone is interested you can see them on YouTube at jimmythefish.com to give you a sort of idea. The river Gryffe in bridge of weir in renfrewshire is another great river if salmon and sea trout and brown trout is your quarry,day tickets are £10 and get em at the local paper shop in the village it's only 4 miles from the black cart at linwood and both rivers flow into the river Clyde, Tight lines guys......Jimmy.....
Hi Jimmy,

Seen your post on Google and thought I would register to the Forum, so first post here

I stay locally in Linwood and have been fishing the black cart since I was a child. I have been out at least 3 times a week since the beginning of June and the river has been fishing really well despite the low water, not blanked and mainly been fishing from the pool behind Morrisons down to the Tesco at Linwood.

I was fishing the fly last week, had a few decent brownies averaging a pound the rest parr and tiddlers, there has been a salmon hanging around the Morrisons pool for a few weeks now and is coming out the water regularly, black as 2 in the morning, threw everything at it with no avail. .

Just warming up and getting to know the River again before I start hammering it for the salmon 😁 will be keeping tabs on this post for updates and will no doubt bump into you on the river one day lol

jimmythefish

Reaction score
Hi Jimmy,

Seen your post on Google and thought I would register to the Forum, so first post here

I stay locally in Linwood and have been fishing the black cart since I was a child. I have been out at least 3 times a week since the beginning of June and the river has been fishing really well despite the low water, not blanked and mainly been fishing from the pool behind Morrisons down to the Tesco at Linwood.

I was fishing the fly last week, had a few decent brownies averaging a pound the rest parr and tiddlers, there has been a salmon hanging around the Morrisons pool for a few weeks now and is coming out the water regularly, black as 2 in the morning, threw everything at it with no avail. .

Just warming up and getting to know the River again before I start hammering it for the salmon 😁 will be keeping tabs on this post for updates and will no doubt bump into you on the river one day lol
Had a report of two salmon taken over the last 2 days stiv, but the big grilse run has still to come,those 2 fish were taken on the worm,but fly men are still waiting. No fish what so ever on the upper beats yet, 3 of us out since early on till 10 am (yesterday)not a sausage buddy. Morrison’s is the place to be after this weekends rains, tight lines

stiv salmon

Reaction score
Thanks for the update jimmy, fished the linwood stretch on the high water yesterday with the flying C to no avail, bring on the big run!

Was downstream from the bend at morrisons and hit a seatrout around 2 pounds on the shimmy fly

Had plenty if brownies average a half pound to a pound ... river looks lively and can expect a good run in the next few weeks

Tightlines mate keep me in the loop

jimmythefish

Reaction score
Fish started to enter the system now albeit at the bottom end with a double figure fish falling to the rapala yesterday. Fish also seen going over the falls although just the odd fish. Will post as soon as the big grilse run starts but as of yet nothing to report.