Schmookler & Sils books

Icelander05

Reaction score
A very good fly tying friend passed away recently and another friend collected most of his stuff that we are now trying to sell and give the funds to his mother.
Beside other books he had Rare&Unusual Fly Tying Materials Vol. 1 & 2 and Forgotten Flies - all published by Schmookler&Sils. These are massive books that contain
a wealth of information for the dresser of classic pattern. We are open to sensible offers.
Icelander05

Attachments

• Schmookler books.jpg
    Schmookler books.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 46

kgm

Reaction score
These are worth a good bit of money to the right buyer, maybe outside of this forum and most likely in the USA. £1200 would not be unreasonable, 3 x £400 imho.

Maybe better selling individually @ £500 each. One may make more.

I'd love to browse through them but out of my league as I'd only go to £300 + p&p, schmookler is an interesting guy but not on my side of the arguement ;-)

Icelander05

Reaction score
These are great books but I have sold my own set last year for 750,-- - to cheap imho but I needed space. I will see what will be the best. I don't have to make money on them but the price should be reasonable as the money will got to his 80 year old mother who survived him. He also had a set of Schmooklers magazine "Art of Angling"
Icelander05