Scandi Taper

troutcontrol

Reaction score

troutcontrol

Reaction score

GL:
This floater loads super easy due to the complex taper with weight distribution towards the back half.
The density of this floater is on the high side, which makes it sit a little lower in the surface, but that also improves casting performance.

Density: 1,01 g/cm3

So it´s a low floater

nickolas

Reaction score
Trout control you have done a great job of analyzing the tapers of the main players in the marketing of fly lines, which might explain the horrendous cost of a line, which now cost more than some rods. Just out of interest do you know the tappers of smaller producers / makers I.e. Bario that have quite a following here in the uk + the cost is about half of those listed above. Thanks again for pointing out the cost of marketing hype.

troutcontrol

Reaction score
There is a long tradition in the UK (Worcestershire) in producing fly lines, I loved the Shakespeare Glider 15 (?) years ago.
They had a PVC coating and a Dacron core, I don´t know if there had been any changes.

I like the guys from AIRFLO and their products instead.... 🙂

SteveG

Reaction score
Sounded like the red arrows display team as all of they went over my head 😂

ballintemple

Reaction score
This is a an excellent series. Comparison of Rio SVVT & Hardy rocket tapers show why on my particular rod, the former wouldn't work, whereas the Hardy is a great match. BTW I know the SVVTs are excellent performers with the right rod.