SBS - Small Sparkly junction Piggy

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Hi All,

Here's a quick SBS for the sparkly junction piggy - this is smaller than the one I tied earlier.

Forgive the 'one picture for everything' - SFF isn't the best upload tool - so I snipped onto a single powerpoint slide and then converted to jpg.

You can use free swing - or you could add hook holder - but I'm using the outer tube as the hook holder. Just need to make sure the inner is inserted close to where cone would go - and then use superglue/wraps to make sure they are secured.

1) Take outer, bur end to help act as hook hold; Cut v at front to help taper, insert inner close to front of where cone is
2) Superglue inner and outer with thread wraps
3) Small oval tag
4) Bucktail - 3 strands midge flash
5 and 6) Up to you - I know buck and boar bristle should sit under Cock feather rostrum - but I like the contrast of the boar bristle OVER the rostrum....
7) Small oval tied in - then yellow glister back body. Brush out to get sparkly bits 'straggling' - then silver oval one wrap
8) Mid Cock hackle - i know originally this should be palmered but mines more akin to Irish shrimp
9) silver oval tied in; black floss for front -( you can see i have a 'step' due to v cut in the tube and from other materials - 'close' the step to help your tying (use tread or floss) and - again one wrap of silver oval
10) White cock shorter
11) JC and small eumer cone

All the best and tightlines,

Patrick

IMG_0235.JPG

Slide1.JPG

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing and what a great idea of putting everything on one slide and uploading it! :thumb:

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Thanks Jockiescott - as a more detailed description - most pcs have a standard 'snag-it' or 'snip' tool. You can choose what you want to snip. I then open powerpoint and paste in - resize - add next pic - resize etc. The main thing to do then when you save is to Save As - and rather than a .ppt - look for .jpg. That makes it a 'picture' that can be uploaded. You do lose some picture quality - but saved me adding 11 pictures one by one and losing my mind if they were upside down/inverted 90 degress by the wonders of SFF photo upload!

All the best, Patrick

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Great stuff Fergal. The badger looks great, I’ve got a natural badger ( yellow/straw) which I’ve also used and like. Cheers

Rennie

Reaction score
I am liking both of those flies very very much indeed.Now its only me being picky(and jealous, as my stds. of tying are no where near either of your examples!) but both of those flee's would look better without the cone head.The std. of tying is cracking and a lots being hidden by the cone itself.
Maybe a brass/copper/tungsten tube?, or plaggy and a poly.?, that'd let the dressing show more maybe adding to the overall fishee attraction.
Very envious indeed!
Pedro.

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
You are absolutely right Rennie that the cone hides the dressing (I also like cones because they avoid that moment when you get to the end of a fly a knacker up the head!) - with a placcy tube I just wanted some weight. I'll give it a go on a small tungsten tube for you Sir and then i'll be covered :)

noeyedeer

Reaction score
Thanks Jockiescott - as a more detailed description - most pcs have a standard 'snag-it' or 'snip' tool. You can choose what you want to snip. I then open powerpoint and paste in - resize - add next pic - resize etc. The main thing to do then when you save is to Save As - and rather than a .ppt - look for .jpg. That makes it a 'picture' that can be uploaded. You do lose some picture quality - but saved me adding 11 pictures one by one and losing my mind if they were upside down/inverted 90 degress by the wonders of SFF photo upload!

All the best, Patrick
Try irfanview . wideley used by businesses etc, it's free, great for image manipulation and can do bulk re-sizing etc on whole directories of images.

IrfanView - Official Homepage - One of the Most Popular Viewers Worldwide

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Cone and non coned sparkly junction pigs

A few more - think I need to move on now!!

You’ll also see I’ve now got one of them fancy photo things- don’t think it works for iPhones

9DA38730-682C-498D-82A1-B2F2A5987C98.jpeg7AFB3071-C6D6-4AE8-AEBE-E2923D1A24A7.jpeg510453C4-1FFA-4CB4-9CC2-39F1522F2C1E.jpeg

Last edited: