Salmon Tube Fly Box?

Elibank

Reaction score
The Wheatley ones are quite common, second hand on eBay, but the foam pieces sometimes need a new application of glue due to constant handling - these are Waddingtons, but the same principle applies.

2936AB20-C13F-46C0-950A-637E9A1339B4.jpeg

charlieH

Reaction score
Very similar to the above, but as mentioned in another thread recently I use a Myran box. The 7000 model has five compartments, similar to the Abu one shown. This holds a small selection (maybe 20-30 flies) drawn from a large Lemco compartmented box which contains far more flies than I would ever need or wish to carry for a day's fishing!

Rrrr

Reaction score
Me to , been using them for years in all sizes

Sewinfly....................

View attachment 53143
The reason i prefer those over other styles is because the clip is really good on them. Ive had others that have popped open in my bag before and picking loose trebbles out of a tackle bag is no fun.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

MCXFisher

Reaction score
After my small Snowbee (no longer made) disintegrated I bought one of the C&F small boxes, which is an ideal size and very convenient in in use. The foam in the lid holds hooks securely, while the magnetically secured flap keeps the tubes in their compartments. It's slightly expensive but very well made and robust. The strongest point is not having to worry about the tubes when you have the main lid open.

noeyedeer

Reaction score
Couple of threads on what I use here (plastic straws in a standard slimline compartment box)

Rrrr

Reaction score
After my small Snowbee (no longer made) disintegrated I bought one of the C&F small boxes, which is an ideal size and very convenient in in use. The foam in the lid holds hooks securely, while the magnetically secured flap keeps the tubes in their compartments. It's slightly expensive but very well made and robust. The strongest point is not having to worry about the tubes when you have the main lid open.
I think snowbee do a similar box to the one you describe from c&f. I got one a few years back from john norris. Foam in the top for hooks, waddingtons and drying flies. Then a latched compartent on the other side for the tubes.
Still got mine but it was just slightly long for .y wading jacket zipped pocket.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Nath

Reaction score
Got a loop one recently, really lovely. It was £45 but you can get 20% off that just now. Managed to get all my tubes and cut down my dressed flies (to the ones I actually use) to all go in, which 3 compartments for hooks, it’s fully waterproof. Really impressed but it is at the top end of the price range.

Kype King

Reaction score
Got a loop one recently, really lovely. It was £45 but you can get 20% off that just now. Managed to get all my tubes and cut down my dressed flies (to the ones I actually use) to all go in, which 3 compartments for hooks, it’s fully waterproof. Really impressed but it is at the top end of the price range.
Glad to hear it - just ordered one with the Black Friday discount!

Kype King

Reaction score
Yes I love it, 20% of loop stuff is dangerous!! 😂
Arrived today and I have to say it looks like the business for a single box to hold all the flies I might need for a day’s fishing - tubes and singles ‘ doubles. Very impressed!

keirstream

Reaction score
Bought this work of art from Art Merk on Facebook.
Just a wee Christmas present to myself you understand.:)
Holds 35 tubes securely on pins so your full selection for a days fishing really.
With the added bonus that your flies dry naturally rather than being still wet in a weeks time.
Spool of nylon, wallet in pocket and away you go.
£80 but just a lovely thing to have.(y)

Attachments

• wallet2.jpg
    wallet2.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 93
  • wallet1.jpg
    wallet1.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 94

Spey Salar

Reaction score
It's not a box, but the tube fly wallet with plastic pockets from Frodin is very useful. Can hold a whole lot of flies in fairly small light package.

Scierra

Reaction score
Just stick your chosen hook on the tube and secure in an ethafoam fly box , you can carry all your flies,singles doubles etc in 1 box ,less clutter in your jacket, I see pockets bulging on videos , at the end of a fishing day seldom I use more than 4 flies or tubes ?

Nath

Reaction score
Just stick your chosen hook on the tube and secure in an ethafoam fly box , you can carry all your flies,singles doubles etc in 1 box ,less clutter in your jacket, I see pockets bulging on videos , at the end of a fishing day seldom I use more than 4 flies or tubes ?

This is true, I have just got the one box now and happy with that. Trimmed right down