salmon & sea trout reports,tactics & news

reddie

Reaction score
Same on the Bandon. Backend runs in 2009 and 2010 of fresh, sea liced fish, averaging 7-10lb with the real chance of a 20lber, had to be seen to be believed. Hard to imagine now. The beginning of a change in run timing. We just didn't know it.

Bogwoppit

Reaction score
Hi lads, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question or not. I'm new to salmon fishing. I'm a fly only angler. My local river is the suir. Any suggestions for flies for flies for the suir for the month of September? Thanks.
Try a republican in size 10-12 double.

I was out on Wednesday last week and had 2 on the Suir on that fly, 6lbs and 15lbs. both fish looked like they’d been in the estuary for a little while but moved into the river with the rain.

Pubs

Reaction score
Try a republican in size 10-12 double.

I was out on Wednesday last week and had 2 on the Suir on that fly, 6lbs and 15lbs. both fish looked like they’d been in the estuary for a little while but moved into the river with the rain.
Nice one thanks very much for the info Bogwoppit.

Pubs

Reaction score
Where will you be fishing?
I'm heading to Carrick in the morning. I mostly fish further upstream near golden just because its close to where I live and I know that part of the river inside out from years of trout fishing and fly fishing for pike around there.

flytryer

Reaction score

Nore Angler

Reaction score
Nice fish from the Blackwater

Cracking fish.

GeeBee

Reaction score
Yep, amazing fish.

A shame that beat is no longer day ticket. It was very rare not to catch at least one fish there.