Salmon Fishing Recommendations in October

Snakeroll

Reaction score
Hi All,
Anybody got any good suggestions for a reasonably priced weeks fishing(preferably Scotland) in October for 3 rods.
Regards
Steve

Fergie

Reaction score
Hi All,
Anybody got any good suggestions for a reasonably priced weeks fishing(preferably Scotland) in October for 3 rods.
Regards
Steve
You could fish the various Upper Tay beats such as Farleyer/Bolfracks and or a day or two on the middle river Dalmarnock/Kercock/Newtyle

ibm59

Reaction score
Come on? He's not asking about the last week in November. Someone needing a hug :) ?
Andy , I’ve been looking at the recent pics on here , and the turning of the seasons in already obvious.
october / november ?
They‘re both weeks away.
Historical seasons are just that.
Historical

ibm59

Reaction score
Andy , I’ve been looking at the recent pics on here , and the turning of the seasons in already obvious.
october / november ?
They‘re both weeks away.
Historical
I’ll go further ,and state that historical seasons throughout Scotland need close consideration and updating where necessary

marty31

Reaction score
october / november ?
They‘re both weeks away.
Historical
I am inclined to agree on that one, to an extent! but maybe early days yet, think myself its a case of "watch this space" and carefully monitor the situation, I have to admit, the suggestion of the move from autumn to spring, I poo hooed but now it doesn't seem so ludicrous.

ibm59

Reaction score
I am inclined to agree on that one, to an extent! but maybe early days yet, think myself its a case of "watch this space" and carefully monitor the situation, I have to admit, the suggestion of the move from autumn to spring, I poo hooed but now it doesn't seem so ludicrous.

No , Marty
You either agree , or you don’t .?
I mean no personal harm , nor general.

Things have changed
‘And it’s time that fishery owners accept that which is slapping them in the face , or be consigned to well deserved history.

lefthandup

Reaction score
No , Marty
You either agree , or you don’t .?
I mean no personal harm , nor general.

Things have changed
‘And it’s time that fishery owners accept that which is slapping them in the face , or be consigned to well deserved history.
Think both of you guys have a good case here, in Marty's defence this season has seen much improved runs so it will be interesting to see if at all any kind of autumn run does materialize.....I have my doubts though.

October I'd maybe go either the Annan for the so called big greybacks or the Tweed.

riffled hitch

Reaction score
October ?
You should be fishing for grayling.
Or hanging your rods up until next season.
Back in your box ffs, christ almighty, not even a moments consideration as to why October was the preferred month. Just jump in running your mouth of as usual, no change there, just another verbal fart to keep your post numbers up to be "Mr Forum"

SOS

Reaction score
There is no doubt these past few years has saw Autumn come earlier than normal with early Autumnal storms,trees turning early and birds migrating.
And possibly Salmon heading to the spawning beds earlier than usual,but this could be down to the jet stream and might not be a permanent situation.
The thing is that if you change the fishing season and close the rivers at the end of September and things go back to normal, and the back end runs reappear, it will be a lot more difficult to to get the season changed back (once its gone its gone) best leave things the way they are and just try and be more careful when playing and unhooking a fish.

Oscar

Reaction score
You'll be fishing largely over coloured fish, but how about somewhere like the Don - readily available, and beautiful to fish. Littlewood is particularly lovely.

Oscar.

scotsmac1

Reaction score
Think both of you guys have a good case here, in Marty's defence this season has seen much improved runs so it will be interesting to see if at all any kind of autumn run does materialize.....I have my doubts though.

October I'd maybe go either the Annan for the so called big greybacks or the Tweed.
Their been No Grey Backs in solway for well over 10yrs.
But I do agree with the healthy runs this year, be interesting see if any fresh fish apear after end sept. Me thinks NOT.
think greedy landowners will be keen stay open no matter what state of the fish
and watch this space regarding next Spring, I bet some lower Tweed beats price goes WAY up

salarchaser

Reaction score
and watch this space regarding next Spring, I bet some lower Tweed beats price goes WAY up
Without a similar drop in autumn prices

As for October, the Nith has decent water available. Still the chance of the odd clean fish though most will be coloured.
Its been noticable that the best of the fishing has been earlier in recent years though. September has been best for me in the last few years.

marty31

Reaction score
I accept what you say, and most of me is inclined to agree! but, and nobody knows yet, is it just a blip? we really don't know yet, its still to early to properly tell, but with 7 feet in the tweed this morning, time will tell how many sparklers run on it, because less than 8 years ago, they would have piled in.