Salmon fishing in the rest of the EU.

Pete V

Reaction score
Now that the U.K. has finally brexited I was thinking about looking into some salmon fishing in the remaining countries in the E.U.

I currently have dual nationality - U.K. and German so travelling back to Blighty for me is not a problem however I wondered if you guys here have any experience on remaining EU salmon fishing.

I would like to exclude Ireland from this as I have visited the Emerald Isle many times and have caught a fair number of Irish salmon.

Living in the middle of Rheinland I would simply like to jump in my car and drive to some salmon rivers for a week or two. I know that travelling anywhere will take at least the best part of a day.
Any ideas?
Denmark?
France?
Spain?
The Baltic countries?
Sweden?
Anywhere else?

All information would be very welcome.

Pete

Salarspeycaster

Reaction score
Now that the U.K. has finally brexited I was thinking about looking into some salmon fishing in the remaining countries in the E.U.

I currently have dual nationality - U.K. and German so travelling back to Blighty for me is not a problem however I wondered if you guys here have any experience on remaining EU salmon fishing.

I would like to exclude Ireland from this as I have visited the Emerald Isle many times and have caught a fair number of Irish salmon.

Living in the middle of Rheinland I would simply like to jump in my car and drive to some salmon rivers for a week or two. I know that travelling anywhere will take at least the best part of a day.
Any ideas?
Denmark?
France?
Spain?
The Baltic countries?
Sweden?
Anywhere else?

Pete

Any ideas?
Denmark?
France?
Spain?
The Baltic countries?
Sweden?
Anywhere else?

Pets

Any ideas?
Denmark?
France?
Spain?
The Baltic countries?
Sweden?
Anywhere else?

Pete
Hi Pete, the Byske River in the north of Sweden is a destination that I have been recommended and have long fancied a trip to. On research it seems it would be a relatively inexpensive trip and the river has a good reputation for its fishing. Whilst Iin Sweden the Mörrum River looks like a good cast as well, particularly for its sea trout.

Snakeroll

Reaction score

Any ideas?
Denmark?
France?
Spain?
The Baltic countries?
Sweden?
Anywhere else?

Pete
I have fished for many years in Northern Spain in the Rio Narcea and Nalon if that helps?