Salmon farmers warn against SNP-Green deal

keirross

Reaction score
Money money money
NO political party is going to seriously tackle the aqua industry its political suicide. It would not surprise me that the majority of politicians on all sides are privately against it. But who's going to put their head above the parapet the instant reaction from the opposition would be your destroying rural jobs and of course the biggy the value to the economy. They are all informed sorry Lorna almost all, but where is the public support apart from a load of crusty old fishermen.😂 the revenue the industry brings in at the minute far out weighs peoples concerns for the hidden environment. Until that changes it will remain the status quo.
Current and solely 'renewable' generation and subsidies cost UK consumers in excess of £10 Billion pa. ONS figs. Think about that.

Here's a real figure for you from last year: Scotland - via all sources, about a half of the electricity demand is used via grid. It's not about net production' Last years figs show that 54% of Scotland's needs were met - when needed! - before it was sloughed off essentially via Carbon Credits Mechanisms? I wonder who's involved in that (scratches heed...?)

What do you reckon could happen once Torness, and Peterhead become foreclosed before 2025 because of non-nuclear or gas generation?

Last edited:

reelit1

Reaction score
Money money money
NO political party is going to seriously tackle the aqua industry its political suicide. It would not surprise me that the majority of politicians on all sides are privately against it. But who's going to put their head above the parapet the instant reaction from the opposition would be your destroying rural jobs and of course the biggy the value to the economy. They are all informed sorry Lorna almost all, but where is the public support apart from a load of crusty old fishermen.😂 the revenue the industry brings in at the minute far out weighs peoples concerns for the hidden environment. Until that changes it will remain the status quo.
It would appear your not keeping your eye on the ball in this instance, there has been a huge increase of support over this last year, the problem is keeping it in the publics eye, I know many people who will not touch Scottish farmed salmon, it is getting it out in the public domain, at the moment we share everything we hear and read on FB, going by the spread of my roots to family and friends and then them passing it on I have stopped just under a thousand people from eating Scottish farmed salmon, many others have emailed for information as they are receiving a kind of censored version on the different news channels and so called country magazine programs, we have to counter these when they happen. It is far from crusty old fishermen my self accepted as a crust old man but we have a following of young anglers in the 30 to 40 bracket that are in full support of what us old crustys are trying to do. I accept even that many who are loud are not pulling their weight and see it as pointless going up against the First Minister for Scotland, but I will keep emailing anybody with any influence and try to get across what is happening. we need as many as possible to do the same.