Sales

Rosslinden0

Reaction score
What happened with tackle shops the last year or two, I remember they'd be in here and other places at Christmas/boxing day/January sales with offers, seems they don't even try anymore.

Flash a 10% off voucher in my face and I'm likely to spend some money as I'm sure lots of people are here.

Was always good to stock up on the essentials before the season starts.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Sportfish are giving 10% off across the store with the code XMAS2019 .
Got it in an email.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

T7

Reaction score
Uttings give you 10% off if you sign up for email newsletter. Works on sale stuff as well and there are a few decent bargains on there

Rrrr

Reaction score
Last edited:

Nath

Reaction score
Harris Sportsmail are doing 15% off their usual prices (which include some discounts) until 2nd January, using the code at the top of their homepage Fishing Tackle | Lures, Reels and Rods for Fly, Sea and Coarse Fishing

They’ve been doing it periodically over the last year, although not as frequently as John Norris have sales.

Never used these guys before or even heard of them, are they reliable? Just about to buy a fairly expensive reel off them which seems to make sense as I can’t get Any more than 15% off any where else!

Thanks

NEbody

Reaction score
Never used these guys before or even heard of them, are they reliable? Just about to buy a fairly expensive reel off them which seems to make sense as I can’t get Any more than 15% off any where else!

Thanks
Sportsmail were one of the first mail order game fishing tackle companies, advertising in T&S when I first started reading it 40+ years ago. When the founder retired, the business was taken over by the Harris Tackle company who started off selling lures. I’ve used both before they merged and since with no problems.

paddymc

Reaction score
John Norris will give you 20% discount on large purchases all day every day.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Do you mean if you ring up? Or you just joking as they forever have a sale on?
Give them a ring, they seem to like doing a deal if it means getting a sale on something pricey.

glenelg100

Reaction score
I was in a well known shop today, I’d had a wee look at a spinning rod last, week, £110, so I looked in today thinking just maybe a tad cheeper in the Boxing Day sale, ticket price now £132, so I double checked online price, £117, I asked the guy in the shop what the actual price is, £117, so Boxing Day sale means pay more.

paddymc

Reaction score
Do you mean if you ring up? Or you just joking as they forever have a sale on?
No, not joking at all.

Just give them a ring and speak to one of the guys on the shop floor. Chat about what you are after, ask for their very best price and if it’s a sizeable purchase, I would be surprised if you aren’t offered a 20% discount :thumb:

Robb76

Reaction score
No, not joking at all.

Just give them a ring and speak to one of the guys on the shop floor. Chat about what you are after, ask for their very best price and if it’s a sizeable purchase, I would be surprised if you aren’t offered a 20% discount :thumb:
I can confirm this, I went yesterday and got a handsome discount on a new rod and various bits and pieces, plus they are great to deal with :thumb:

bassfly

Reaction score
Always a good discount at Norris, IF you ask for best price on the more costly items.
Bought some gear from this site before the sales and they have lots of stuff at good discount prices.
seriousfishing.com

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Rrrr

Reaction score
I really dont think you can go wrong with john norris, i know we knock the constant sales and emails, but its always the first place i look when buying gear, You know you will be looked after and if theres any issues the customer service is some of the best ive had in general and not just from fishing companies. Plus the staff on the phone know their products and what they are talking about.

Nath

Reaction score
No, not joking at all.

Thank for the help guys, I called them yesterday and they offered me nearly 20% off which is the best I am do, so it was well worth a call! So that’s £100 off my new reel. Cheers people and happy new year!

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
If anyone’s feeling flush I passed through House of Bruar yesterday. They are doing an offer on the 4.25” Sarricione (sic), reel. Normally £1450 the reel is ‘only’£650 if bought with a Salmon rod over £600.

Like I said, if you’re feeling flush, (and I’m not).

However, if you are planning to spend big bucks on a rod they stock, that’s a great deal on a very fancy reel.

P.S. I left HoB with some fudge tiffin and a bottle of pop.

Last edited:

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Norris have ex demo Guideline NT8s for £450. If I were after a rod....

Naturally I chose death by a thousand cuts and spent £50 on ‘essential’ sundries instead. “Ooooh #16 trebles,,, “ etc

ibm59

Reaction score
JN are consistent in their desire to please.
Discount available in shop “ Folding money , sir ? That’ll do nicely “ and also on the phone.

Fawcetts have bettered their own online price several times for me over the phone.
Always worth a call.

Haven’t splurged on fishing tackle in this year’s sales , but I have splurged elsewhere . 😉😱

HMarquis

Reaction score
Picked up a new GR60 switch for 165 which I thought was very reasonable, from tackleuk ..

mows

Reaction score
JN are consistent in their desire to please.
Discount available in shop “ Folding money , sir ? That’ll do nicely “ and also on the phone.

Fawcetts have bettered their own online price several times for me over the phone.
Always worth a call.

Haven’t splurged on fishing tackle in this year’s sales , but I have splurged elsewhere . 😉😱
I can't believe you managed to resist theses Harkrila boots.
When their gone their gone.
Eventually.

Have a good new year.

Cheers

Mows

Rrrr

Reaction score
I can't believe you managed to resist theses Harkrila boots.
When their gone their gone.
Eventually.

Have a good new year.

Cheers

Mows
I was looking at them today after looking at reviews of lowa boots and the harkilla ones were mentioned