Sales Not To Be Missed?

keirstream

Reaction score
Got an email this morning and opened it immediately.
A sale on Simms gear-------perfect.:)
And an assurance that I was the 1st to know about it.
What could possibly go wrong???
Well, went to order the Simms Gear Essntial 90L bag and guess what?
Yip, out of stock.
Really pisses me off that kind of marketing.:(

TayRaider

Reaction score
I got the same mail, got a bit excited as I got some paint on a sexy Simms 1/4 zip I recently bought.

turns out it’s a) not in stock b) the same price I paid for it 8 weeks ago

given the low/no stock in fishing shops this year, I am not expecting any decent out of seasons sales

kimbo

Reaction score
I have found that there are rarely any true sales out there these days but when there are they are usually items that can't be shifted and in the cases of clothes they're either extremely small or extremely big.
All the popular items will sell anyway do why reduce them.
Places like iJohn Norris will heavily discount many items if you ask, I remember a friend buying a £950 rod that he showed an interest in and before he left the shop the price was down to £600.

TayRaider

Reaction score
I have found that there are rarely any true sales out there these days but when there are they are usually items that can't be shifted and in the cases of clothes they're either extremely small or extremely big.
All the popular items will sell anyway do why reduce them.
Places like iJohn Norris will heavily discount many items if you ask, I remember a friend buying a £950 rod that he showed an interest in and before he left the shop the price was down to £600.
I think John Norris in general is your best chance at a genuine deal. Particularly their ex display stuff, I have picked up a couple of mint ex display hardy reels for well under half their normal price & even less than a used equivalent on eBay.

rs2ford

Reaction score
I have had some great deals in the past from John Norris and Sportfish. Recently got a couple of Airflo Scandi lines from Angus Angling at 40% off.
Expect a few more in the coming months as December and January is usually a good time to pick up last year's stock at a great price.
Cheers Diarmid.

westie4566

Reaction score
Dunno, I've done ok from the John Norris sale for Jack Pyke stuff which I like for fishing and just being out in the winter with the dugs,

keirstream

Reaction score
Ordered new Harkilla zipped wellies from Chuck the other day.
Slightly imperfect allegedly, usually you would never notice a defect.
£200 reduced to £80.
Canny be angry.(y)

goosander

Reaction score
Ordered new Harkilla zipped wellies from Chuck the other day.
Slightly imperfect allegedly, usually you would never notice a defect.
£200 reduced to £80.
Canny be angry.(y)
Used to work in a well known tackle shop in Glasgow. We always brought in stock for the sales and kept the price high before the sale.
Had my own garden centre until it interfered with my fishing. Had a load of plants that were not selling so took them away for a few days and then trebled the price and stuck a big sign up at the back of my place. Shrubs reduced to half price. Sold the lot.
Just pay the price a thing is worth to me.
Bob.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
It's had the opposite effect on me. I desperately need a pair but I'll be buggered if I succumb to that hectoring.
Ha!

Imagine the scene, a multitude of disaffected proles turn up for the inaugural SWDMP top loader combustion and their leader is wearing,,,,,Moleskins, instant respect guaranteed.

As long as they aren’t red, anything but red ones.