Sage VT2 13' 7Wt 7130-4

Stewart4wd

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience of this Sage rod? Its about 12 years old but in brand new condition. I ordered it years ago from America and never got to use it because my Dad always got to it first! So after a ten year sabbatical from fishing I'm back and trying to get it set up for fishing on the Tyne and Wear. I've just ordered a Skagit 550g line for it (going by the Rio recommendation on their website).
I don't think the VT2 was ever marketed in the UK, I don't remember many people being in to double handed rods with light lines at the time. It would probably be branded as a switch rod or some nonsense like that these days!

longchuck

Reaction score
if its the blue blank your on a winner bud,stunning fast action rod,
well suited to shooting heads,i moved mine on few years ago and still regret it,

Stewart4wd

Reaction score
30g for shooting heads with touch and go casts. The Skagit at 550 will be fine for sustained anchor casts such as the snap t cast and their derivatives.

Conehead

I dont even know what a snap T cast is. Last time I was fishing there was either overhead casting or spey casting :lol:

Stewart4wd

Reaction score
Thanks Longchuck. I'm currently offshore, floating around the North Sea on a ship, the wifi is shocking. It takes about an hour to watch 5 mins of YouTube video! I'll definitely have a look when I get home though.... possibly even before I race off to the river!

Stewart4wd

Reaction score
Well I eventually got out to try the rod with the skagit line and its fair to say I struggled! The river was in flood and I had lots of overhanging foliage close behind, I couldn't wade out very far so I was struggling to make my D loop. The rod does feel very nicely balanced to cast so I think I just need some more practice when all of this bloody rain stops. At present the rivers up here are generally well over a metre and no end in sight to the wet forecast!