Sage Method line advice

Potbellied Pig

Reaction score
I'm sure it's probably been raised before, but I'd interested in any info/advice on lines for Sage Method 12'6" 7wt I've looked at the Rio chart but would like to know what suggestions there are.
Thanks in advance
PBP

D

Dunbar

I use the Rio Scandi short versi tip #9 on the 12' 6" "8 - works really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potbellied Pig

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies
So far I have tried a Rio 7/8 short head spey
It works very well particularly overhead.
I still have a couple of heads to try.

phatagrova

Reaction score
Was the rod recently bought? Ive been looking at the sage range of rods , unfortunately unless purchased overseas ,then the RRP over here appears to be the same with all stockists , (Bit like Simms),

Stoaty

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies
So far I have tried a Rio 7/8 short head spey
It works very well particularly overhead.
I still have a couple of heads to try.

I've the 8wt and the short head spey is nice for presentation but my favorites a Rio 39' 520g Scandi head.

pfeul

Reaction score
Was the rod recently bought? Ive been looking at the sage range of rods , unfortunately unless purchased overseas ,then the RRP over here appears to be the same with all stockists , (Bit like Simms),

If you're not in a hurry for purchasing a rod, I would wait some few months. Sage rod ranges are usually replaced every 5 year.
The method has been released in 2013 if I'm right, one year after the one (released in 2012). The one has been replaced by the X this year... Soon will it be the same for the method.
Big discounts are coming, especially from across the other side of the pond...

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score

Norris had an ex demo 12,6 on sale recently, not sure if it was 6,7 or 8 weight. I tried the 520 Rio on an 8 wt in a demo and it was great. I’d go for something like the Rage in or around 480 grain with the 7 weight, as suggested here. The AFS 7/8 is also about spot on at 30g. Great rods.