Russian Salmon Adventure - Ponoi - July 2011

Springer

Reaction score
Guys,

After the success of my trip in 2010. I will be hosting a week on the Ponoi at Ryabaga Camp 9-16 July 2011 via Frontiers. I think this is a great opportunity to see and experience salmon fishing Kola style.

We will arrive in Helsinki on the 8th July and spend the evening catching up in the hotel before leaving the following morning for Ryabaga via Murmansk, we will arrive at Ryabaga camp around mid afternoon. We will return home on Sat 16rd July and you will be back at home in the late hours of the same day.

The package will include 6 days of guided salmon fishing with two anglers to one boat with a guide. The fishing will be varied with both wading and boat fishing available in whatever amounts you wish. In July the fishing will be with floating lines and the fish will be rising to both bombers and skated flies as well as traditionally fished wet flies just under the surface. There will be no heavy sunk line tactics at this time of the season.

Guided fishing will be from 9am-6pm each day, lunch will be served either on the river bank in the form of a picnic or in the specific beat lunch tents. Breakfast and dinner in the camp are simply superb, the food I found on my last trip was as good as you will find anywhere. You can fish either side of your allotted guided hours by taking advantage of the superb Ryabaga home pool and surrounding water. Home Pool can be prolific and there is enough fishing for even the most ferocious appetites. You will fish a different beat every day with a different guide, there is so much water and so few anglers that you fish only the best bits of dreamy fly water.

To give added value to this package I will be very happy to spend a day on the river, free of charge, with each of the clients who will be joining me. The idea will be to make sure you are fully aware and prepared for the different facets of the trip. We will look at whatever casting and fishing techniques I think you will need as well as the tackle and flies needed to get the very best out of the time you spend at Ryabaga.

The cost of the fishing is $4990 US dollars (around £3150) this will be paid direct to Frontiers. Added to this you will have flights to Murmansk, one nights hotel accommodation in Helsinki, visa and tips to budget for. All inclusive I expect the trip to come in just under £5000 per person. To secure you place a deposit of $2500 US dollars will be required.

If you would like the chance to experience the great Kola peninsular without the feeling of 'going it alone' then please join us, we will have a great time and you could make some great friends for life. Expressions of interest can be sent to me either using the PM system or by email to alanmaughan05@aol.com

Check out the following links for more information on the camp or my previous trip to Ryabaga this year.

Frontiers

Ponoi River Company

Springer on Tour 2010

Come and see if you get yourself one of these, I will even throw in the dodgy glasses and funny hat :D

David B

Reaction score
Confirm Ponoi Trip

Springer - I can confirm both 'deeceejay' and myself will be joining you on the Ponoi in July 2011. Having searched high and low across numerous websites including BC, Iceland, Norway and other Russian destinations your trip wins hands down when you look at the whole package, especially having someone along who knows whats needed first hand and will be able to give help and advise if required. We are definately looking at it as a trip of a lifetime. :D

pot belly

Reaction score
Springer, I will also be joining you in 2011. The trip has been well put together and the price i think will be difficult to match on any Russian trips in 2011.

And an added bonus of a day on the Tyne with yourself beforehand to get things right. Top man for organizing!!!!!

feral-fish

Reaction score
I've got some money saved up for a big 40th trip in a couple of year's time and I've now got a pretty good idea of where I want to spend it. Hopefully I will break my duck and catch a local salmon before then :eek:

Springer

Reaction score
I've got some money saved up for a big 40th trip in a couple of year's time and I've now got a pretty good idea of where I want to spend it. Hopefully I will break my duck and catch a local salmon before then :eek:

Dont bother waiting, you will enjoy your 40th trip if you take it a few years earlier while your still young enough to enjoy it :D

mdh

Reaction score
Springer,

I know you're not busy :D so I'm wondering where the trip report is from this year?

Matt

Springer

Reaction score
Springer,

I know you're not busy :D so I'm wondering where the trip report is from this year?

Matt

I havent been this year yet!

Im going out in July and September again with forum members and no doubt there will be plenty to report when we get back ;)

mdh

Reaction score
I havent been this year yet!

Im going out in July and September again with forum members and no doubt there will be plenty to report when we get back ;)

Ha! :mad:

What I meant was where is the report from 2010?

I'll get thre eventually!

Springer

Reaction score
Ha! :mad:

What I meant was where is the report from 2010?

I'll get thre eventually!

Take a look in the Ponoi section here, directly under this thread. There only 3 to choose from :p