Russian fishing trips cancelled

happy days

Reaction score
The water I got to fish on this trip was good fly water, the lack of fish was the problem, apart from one fish I managed to catch below control net I had no other pulls and only saw one other fish all week, it seemed we only found out which parts we were fishing at 9 o'clock each morning so it was difficult for John to make plans or keep teams or groups together day to day, the accommodation and grub was what I expected for the money and the guides were mainly just boat men and drivers with little or no english apart from one lad genya who bailed in up to his waist to net my fish. We suffered extremes of temp from 27C to 1C over 2 days and a rise of about 1.5 M maybe a bit more, however the water stayed clear and we should have seen more fish IMO.
Apart from all this the whole group were as sound a bunch of fellas you could spend your week with and we ended up having a good laugh despite the poor fishing and getting messed about.

Would I go back ? no not until I hear its fishing better and a proper itinerary from the start.

keirstream

Reaction score
Would I go back ? no not until I hear its fishing better and a proper itinerary from the start.
Let's get Rock Star Alex to sort out a week for us. We'll get 'em.:thumb:
Enjoy your Norway week pal, if anyone pulls out------------------------

keirstream

Reaction score
Ha Ha sound Tam, we could always get our heads down in that village I went for the vodka. :D
Be like a scene out of Trainspotting.:)
Big Baboushka would suck you in and spit you out and then have a rake about for more victims.:lol:

Jimmcl

Reaction score
It’s unbelievable. I’m in Helsinki at the hotel waiting for a flight to Murmansk, and the ASR guests here have just been told that the military have closed their rivers again. They have to go home in the morning! Let’s hope frontiers & roxtons have the decency to pay up.

Handel

Reaction score
It’s unbelievable. I’m in Helsinki at the hotel waiting for a flight to Murmansk, and the ASR guests here have just been told that the military have closed their rivers again. They have to go home in the morning! Let’s hope frontiers & roxtons have the decency to pay up.
Don't think Frontiers or Roxtons let ASR. But Roxtons Yokanga blog says Yokanga has closed for the rest of the season.

Tangled

Reaction score
It's a year on but there's cancellations due to Covid now. Does anyone have any updates on the current situation?

I have a trip booked onKola for July but I doubt I'll go even if they open the river. I was told they'd make a decision this month but so far nothing.

Handel

Reaction score
Yokanga, Varzina and Varzuga have all cancelled as has Ponoi for the spring and summer. No idea about ASR but I expect they have cancelled as well.

keirstream

Reaction score
Hi Ed.
We are certainly looking to get back next season.
Due to a screw up between banks, no deposit was paid so lost nothing there and nothing to "roll over"
Hope you are well.
Tom

Handel

Reaction score
Hi Ed.
We are certainly looking to get back next season.
Due to a screw up between banks, no deposit was paid so lost nothing there and nothing to "roll over"
Hope you are well.
Tom
That was lucky. Let me know what you decide to do next year. Unfinished business there I think.

Tangled

Reaction score
I'm being offered to reschedule for August now but that's no good for me. Also offered to put back to next year but it's too early to commit to that so I'm looking for a refund. I'm not expecting that It will be easy.