Rule for posting

roberthenaghan

Reaction score
Can someone give a logical explanation why you need 100 posts to be able to post in the wanted or for sale section.
I have 52 posts (this one makes it 53 !?) but need 100 to get to be able to swap/sell stuff. BTW anyone with a reel +1 spool to suit a light double hander 12 6" feel free to let me know. Swap for Lamson Konic 4.0 or Greys GRXi 9-12.

Could I do a 53,54,55,56... numbered posts to reach 100 ?

MikeCC

Reaction score
All been discussed to death already. General reason is that there had to be a cut off somewhere.....so 100 it is.

lowforcefly

Reaction score
Hi Robert,
the limit was put on for a logical reason. It was an attempt to stop people just dropping on to site to flog something. It followed people, who were unofficial traders, only using the site to trade, when there is a trade classified section. It also was an attempt to prevent the slightly less ethical out there from treating it a focused 'Gumtree' to unload dodgy gear, which in certain cases had been lifted from members, or their friends.
It has largely worked in these respects, but a lot feel the 100 number is excessive. I personally agree that figure of 60 would suffice, and would show enough commitment to the forum.
Any post has to be of a reasonable content to count, and simply 'Friggin' your count, might see you still prevented from buying / selling / swapping as it is at the admins. discretion.
Hope that explains it a little, but please accept it does work, even though it can be a bit frustrating for those new to the site!:thumb:
You should remember this is a fishing forum, with a trading section, and not a trading site.

Mel....

Last edited: