Rolling Thunder - London 28th September

Tyke777

Reaction score
I happened to be in London at the weekend visiting the The Whisky Exchange Whisky Show: The UK's Finest Whisky Festival which I had been looking forwards to for a very long time :nod::thumb: what a great "day out" it turned out to be, both for my palate, tasting new whiskys which I would never get a chance to, and being able to be tasting some extraordinary malts which ordinerally I wouldnt be able to get a sniff at - Macallan No6 was way out in front for me :thumb::thumb:

But my real reason for posting this thread - as we were queuing outside Old Billingsgate waiting to get in a large number of big motorcycles kept heading past? curious I enquired what was going off - Rolling Thunder UK – Campaigning for Veterans being totally unaware of this demonstration - reference soldier F being brought to court regarding his actions in NI years ago.

Totally disgusted that there was nothing on any mainstream news channels, BBC, ITV, SKY - we are fed what they want us to know and nothing more, thank goodness for twitter and I can at least find out a little of whats going on in the world.

loopknot

Reaction score
With regards to the Soldier F case, I'm sure a D Notice has been issued on it which means a gag order for the media! As an ex-serviceman I find it a disgusting state of affairs what's happening.

Feugh

Reaction score
The protests regarding Soldier F have been going on for months now, and I only know about them because I know a couple of ex-paras who have a close interest in what is going on there. If you look carefully on social media you can find some stuff out, but for the most part nothing is there to be found. Certainly there's nothing on mainstream media.
I suspected that certain events were just not reported on, and that others had their message twisted to suit a certain narrative, but I didn't know that an ongoing, democratic and peaceful protest would simply be airbrushed out of the news. That concerns me.