Rod tubes for self builds

chriswjx

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

With my Bloke kit coming along quite nicely, I've already started eyeing up the next project. Thinking of doing an Aventik 12'6", which would involve me going one step further and making and shaping the handle as well.

The one snag I've hit upon whilst looking at the parts etc. I've not been able to find a rod tube for it. Aventik do do their own tubes, however the 2h range are all listed as out of stock on AliExpress, and the ones I've found from GAC/AA are all out by more than a couple of inches...

Any suggestions on where I should actually be looking?

P.S. no mentioning to the missus, I told her that I was only just doing the 1 rod, and maybe a trout rod for her...

EDIT: There's also these extending rod cases that I've seen on AliExpress, however I'm not too sure how safe they are for use? If anyone has gotten them

Last edited:

chriswjx

Reaction score
Snowbee has a good selection , also in the right diameter and reasonably priced.
Icelander05

Cheers, think those are the best ones I've seen, however I think the 12'6" ends up being between two sizes so its picking the right one...

The other thing that I wasn't sure of was if they would be wide enough? As they're advertised as being 6 cm in diameter, which I'm worried might be too narrow?

Cheers, Chris

Edit: Was being thick as not actually looking on the Snowbee website... See that they do in fact do wider tubes... However, in the wider range, the 12'6" seems poorly sized... Might have to get the 110 x 6 cm tube which will probably be closest for it in length, and just hope it fits width wise?

Lewis.Chessman

Reaction score
I bought a few tubes from Tackle24.de before Christmas, both the metal and the Cordura types. Both are fine and I think the Cordura are really well priced for the quality at about £20 for the longest.
You don't say how many sections the Aventik blank comes in, but hopefully you'll find something there to suit.
Both my previous orders were pretty lengthy but both arrived quickly and complete.

chriswjx

Reaction score
Thanks, just had a look and they look promising, the aventik's a 4 piece, so I think that comes to around about 1m piece including the joints roughly? Definitely like the look of the metal tubes...