Rod Identification

Blue Zulu

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the make of the bottom two rods with the Bogdan reels on them in this photo. Although the reel seat is upside down for my liking, I think they look really sturdy and was wondering who made them.

Cheers
Neil

Springer

Reaction score
The rods were 12'6 Sage Graphite III if I remember rightly with standard reel seats I think.

They were definitely the older brown blank from around 10 or so years ago. They belong to a Dane called Jesper and that's my Century rod sitting below ;)

The picture was taken at Umba Lodge 2009.

Blue Zulu

Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy reply Alan :) It just goes to show it is a small world. I think the seats are a nice match for the Black and Silver Bogdan.

When I finally get round to finishing my reel I fancy making a reel seat and fitting out a blank ( Step by Step) to match it. I was toying with the idea of a cork insert but now I am now thinking a cut out with a bit of black delrin on a black blank would look nice :cool:

Cheers
Neil

Springer

Reaction score
Sounds good Neil,

Ive messed about making a few reel seats in the past but the problem for me has been anodizing so they never saw life on a rod. Black delrin sounds good. :)

SammySalmon

Reaction score
Plating

Alan

There is a company in Larkhall, Lanarkshire. They do all kinds of plating.
Small batch or one offs never used to be a problem. You could give them a call.They may also be a company more local to yourself that would do this.

fishpond

Reaction score
Neil,

PM me if you want one - think I have one somewhere still attached to the section it was cut from

Richard

PS great thread by the way - makes fly tying and rod building look like a walk in the park

CB

Reaction score
I dont have the gear or knowledge to do it. :eek:

Springer, I've had some small aluminium bits anodized in the UK in the past, was very happy with the quality. I think the company was around Bolton somewhere, I could look it up if you like?

Neil, looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the rod to match that reel!