RJC Rods

bankwheel

Reaction score
Stunning finish, I spent a few days last year with Roberto Fraga so got to try a few, you canโ€™t fault them they have a nice smooth action. Itโ€™s funny but it becomes difficult to criticise any rod these days as they are all good. They are nearly as good as SL rods ๐Ÿคช
Seriously very nice indeed

Lamson v10

Reaction score
The new reel eventually arrived this week so it was time to get it loaded up wae backing, stick a new 32g gaeleforce multi-tip on it and get it out for a wee cast on my wee trout pond, the line went out very well
on the wee rod ๐Ÿ‘ very impressed wae it as was the old man ๐Ÿ‘
Just need to get it on the river now and get it broken in ๐ŸŽฃ

_20210227_164534.JPG

mc andy

Reaction score
The new reel eventually arrived this week so it was time to get it loaded up wae backing, stick a new 32g gaeleforce multi-tip on it and get it out for a wee cast on my wee trout pond, the line went out very well

View attachment 57725
Great wee Clyde / northie set up Arnold. Sure it'll be bent to Clyde fish soon enough (y) ;)

Neil W

Reaction score

View attachment 57725
Stunning looking outfit!!

Findhorn Conehead

Reaction score
That's a lovely looking outfit you have there. I have that rod myself, but I haven't tried 32g on it yet. I use 27g to 30g myself. I will have to try it at 32g. Really is a lovely user friendly rod, tight lines when you get to use it ....

FCH

AlanT

Reaction score

View attachment 57725
Smart ๐Ÿ‘

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
That looks well Lamson! I know we spoke before about the composite handles. I first noticed them when Springer photographed one of his builds and

Trying to get good cork for my second build sealed the deal. I couldnโ€™t find a decent set in 4 samples of โ€˜florโ€™ / AAA+ cork.

The composite is much more consistent and even, I like the colours and I think it helps just a wee bit with balance too.

I like the shape of your handle (fnaar fnaar), thatโ€™s a nice touch youโ€™ll only get from a custom builder.

We just need to see a photo of it next to a fish now ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Findhorn Conehead

Reaction score
That looks well Lamson! I know we spoke before about the composite handles. I first noticed them when Springer photographed one of his builds and

Trying to get good cork for my second build sealed the deal. I couldnโ€™t find a decent set in 4 samples of โ€˜florโ€™ / AAA+ cork.

The composite is much more consistent and even, I like the colours and I think it helps just a wee bit with balance too.

I like the shape of your handle (fnaar fnaar), thatโ€™s a nice touch youโ€™ll only get from a custom builder.

I have a few custom builds and most of them have composite handles. It does make for a slightly heavier handle, but the weight is in the right place to help balance your outfit. The other plus is the durability of the composite and no filler falling out.

FCH

Lamson v10

Reaction score
That's a lovely looking outfit you have there. I have that rod myself, but I haven't tried 32g on it yet. I use 27g to 30g myself. I will have to try it at 32g. Really is a lovely user friendly rod, tight lines when you get to use it ....

FCH

I've a gaelforce short Spey 27g and a 30g integrated line just waiting on my spare spools
for the reel to give them a try, i think it's going to be one of they rods that's hard to put down ๐Ÿ‘

Lamson v10

Reaction score

With the reel being a bit lighter the composite handle adds a little bit more weight at the bottom end, I quite like the look of the composite cork, plus the bonus of the durability

Neil W

Reaction score
Ha ha that's two of the lines I use on that rod.๐Ÿ‘I also like the 54ft gaelforce 7/8.

FCH
Iโ€™m going to get the 30g Gaelforce to try on the 7122-5. I used the Rio Scandi Outbound 7/8 which is 30g and also a great match. The 54ft Gaelforce 7/8 will probably also find its way into my collection. I need some more reels ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I now have 2 RJC double handed rods both with the traditional cork handles which are absolutely superb. The quality is amazing. For my next one which Ross is currently developing I think I will try a different handle either the composite (which I have on the single hand rod) or the burnt cork look for something completely different.

SEDGY

Reaction score
Great match up Arnold, with the touch of blue.....looks a stunning outfit.

rubberwellie

Reaction score
Ross is currently building me a 13โ€ 8/9 with full composite handle which should be ready in the next week or two. What reels are people using for a balanced setup?

Danielsson H5D about right?

Neil W

Reaction score
Ross is currently building me a 13โ€ 8/9 with full composite handle which should be ready in the next week or two. What reels are people using for a balanced setup?

Danielsson H5D about right?
I use the Danielsson H5D 9thirteen on the 12โ€™2โ€ 7wt. Not used the 8wt and I guess the composite handle adds some weight. I would be trying something in the 9 to 10oz as a first go. Hopefully someone has the rod or you could ask Ross

rs2ford

Reaction score
Ross gave me a demo 13ft 8wt to try and I put a Danielsson L5W 8twelve on it. Balanced perfectly. You're H5D 9thirteen will be spot on.
I have his 13'6" 9wt and it balances perfect with a Loop Evotec G4 9/13.
Cheers Diarmid.

Last edited: