RJC Rods

Neil W

Reaction score
I agree it’s a great service to offer. I will end up buying it I am sure. Probably the 7wt too ? you can never have too many rods

Findhorn Conehead

Reaction score
Got the chance to have a few casts today with the RJC 13ft 11" 7 weight line 6pce.
Only tried the one line but it was a great match for the rod, Gaelforce 54ft 7/8 @30g. Slow down the cast a little and the rod was sending the line across the stream effortlessly and turning over the tapered nylon leader a treat. Snake rolls were great with this outfit. With the extra length, hanging the fly and steering it across the pool was a great advantage.
I don't have any negative comments on this rod at all and would gladly fish with it more often than I perhaps thought that I might.
Anyone looking at a light line longer rod for summer fishing would do well to consider this as an option.
IMG-20200721-WA0011.jpg

Coneheads

Reaction score
Not often I dunk the reel, but needed to be quick for a snap and wanted to keep the fish in the water. Besides that I always strip the line of the reel and leave it all to dry before putting away again.
But do you strip all the backing off to dry too ? Fly lines are waterproof , but not all backing lines are ?

Neil W

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of ordering the 7122-5.
i have never had a rod made for me before and looking forward to deciding on the look in discussion with Ross. I like an relatively understated look but will see after I have reviewed a few examples. Hope to be using it on the River Farrar in September if the trip goes ahead. All very exciting!

Findhorn Conehead

Reaction score
i have never had a rod made for me before and looking forward to deciding on the look in discussion with Ross. I like an relatively understated look but will see after I have reviewed a few examples. Hope to be using it on the River Farrar in September if the trip goes ahead. All very exciting!
Great choice Neil ?Ross is great to work with.

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
You will love it Neil

bracky26

Reaction score
Neil, you're in for a real treat with the 7122-5. I was lucky to get mine in time for a recent 2 week trip to Ireland to fish the Mourne and tributaries. It's a wee bit short for the main river, but i couldn't put it down an fished it almost exclusively. The performance and feel of the rod is just fantastic. It's the most fun I've had a casting a double hander. As others have mentioned, the finish is superb and Ross is a pleasure to deal with. This is the first time I've posted here after several years lurking, but couldn't resist the opportunity to rave about this rod.

Ash

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
What do the RJC rods cost.
They’re around £700 mate. All custom built with the best of bits

tadpole

Reaction score

Neil W

Reaction score
I have already had an update video showing the rods progress so far. A friend of mine has been using the 7122-5 all summer along with the 13ft 8/9 since June really raves about them. I am very excited to receive mine and try it in September. It’s given my fishing a new level of interest and I can’t wait!

tadpole

Reaction score
I have already had an update video showing the rods progress so far. A friend of mine has been using the 7122-5 all summer along with the 13ft 8/9 since June really raves about them. I am very excited to receive mine and try it in September. It’s given my fishing a new level of interest and I can’t wait!
Hi Neil post a review when you can (y)

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Hi Neil post a review when you can (y)
I absolutely love my 7122-5 mate and not even played with it much yet. It’s got a lovely full action to it. I’ve a lot of loop cross s1’s and love the action they have but the action on the RJC is even sweeter and feels much more powerful. Ross has got it spot on. His trial 7122-5 that went to the las butieras lodge in Argentina was hailed by the original founder of Loop as the best 30g rod he’s ever used. Christer wouldn’t put it down and I can see why. Straight to the top of my favourite rods and I’ve a lot of quality rods.