Rivers Taw and Mole 2021

tawpug

Reaction score
Fished at Braggamarsh as a guest last night. Had a very small pluck at the tail of a run; stopped, backed up, second cast - over the spot and this girl came to a size 12 Stoat's tail. At the change of light, in the dimpsey.

IMG_1274.jpg

Andrew B

Reaction score
I know this is the Taw thread but rather than start a new thread I wondered if anyone could tell me if some of those late West Country rivers have had their seasons amended? I seem to remember the Avon fishing into November and certainly the Plym and then over the border in Cornwall it may just be how I’ve read things but the T&S reports seem to suggest they were all closed on last day of October?
In such a dry year it looked liked the West Country or parts of got more rain than anywhere and it sounds like one of my favourite rivers the Lyhner has had a better salmon season than Peal and it’s so underfished imo.

Loxie

Reaction score
I know this is the Taw thread but rather than start a new thread I wondered if anyone could tell me if some of those late West Country rivers have had their seasons amended? I seem to remember the Avon fishing into November and certainly the Plym and then over the border in Cornwall it may just be how I’ve read things but the T&S reports seem to suggest they were all closed on last day of October?
In such a dry year it looked liked the West Country or parts of got more rain than anywhere and it sounds like one of my favourite rivers the Lyhner has had a better salmon season than Peal and it’s so underfished imo.
The Camel now finishes end of November but I'm not sure if that's law or club rules. The Fowey goes on until mid December but, I think, the clubs close end of November.