Rivers Name and Shame!

Johnnieboy

Reaction score
Birgham Dub has offered to retain deposits towards next years fishing which I thought was decent of themπŸ‘πŸ»

Last edited:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I'm told some of the prestigious Tweed beats are not prepared to offer refunds. With rapidly declining catches on Tweed and a general decline in angler numbers I can't help question their wisdom in treating their customers in such a cavalier manner.
I've also heard the same thing Loxie but I'll refrain from naming the beats

Nath

Reaction score
I was booked on Bywell 7th April, they have offered me a refund, same day next year or a day from June onwards, as that is when they hoping to open again. I picked the day in June, but in my mind we will be luck to be fishing again then but you never know do you...

Brilliant I must say either way!

Prawnfisher

Reaction score
I've also heard the same thing Loxie but I'll refrain from naming the beats
Have heard the same and, likewise, won't name these beats. Some owners seem to be oblivious to the health of their businesses and seem to believe that they are still in a seller's market. They haven't realised that they have increasingly less to sell as the catch returns and thin spring and autumn runs now verify. However they still think they have the upper hand because they are XXXX, XXXX, XXXX (won't name them)....and have been historically able to charge a premium and turn interested non-tenants away in a cursory manner.
So what we are now seeing is a perfect example of entitlement. We will take your money and you should be grateful for the chance to fish here however we will always make sure that the odds are stacked in our favour because of who we are.
You couldn't make it up.

Stu101

Reaction score
Have to say, everywhere I fish have been very proactive at sorting out other days, although sadly my request to switch my days this week to prime September fell on deaf ears.

Wee Double

Reaction score
Selfish.....many folks have paid serious monies to go fishing and have booked weeks that are into the thousands, this is in no way aimed at individuals.....more the estates / Beat owners who just expect fishers to soak up the loss! For me anyway I would have thought more of them if they honoured the "once in a lifetime event" as a number have already! For too long estates have assumed the client should take the hit and this is aimed right at them!

Sorry to hear of your job loss and hope you regain and/or are employed elsewhere soon.
Sadly it looks like everyone of us is going to take a hit, some more than others

I'll be willing to help anyone who needs some help if I can

Be cool and safe

WD

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Arnie I hope you have good Ear defenders as I need them when she is in the office:lol:
I not surprised you need them in the office πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ they are definitely a must have around Stephanie πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I even need to wear them to bed as her constant snoring is unbearable :help:

Could yous not have isolated her in the office by herself ? we're only 4 day's in and my head is bursting 🀯🀯😡😡. You guys that work with her really do deserve a medal πŸ…

View attachment DSC_0785.JPG

Last edited:

butter o mary

Reaction score
What a stupid post. Many folk, myself included, save up all year to get the opportunity to fish one of the "better" beats and or rivers. Your not Jeremy Corbyn incognito perchance.😑
Yes. I am Jeremy Corbyn. You must be Sherlock Holmes?

butter o mary

Reaction score
Fair point and well made.
Just out of interest should angling associations / clubs return subscriptions if this goes on for months.....?
Some fees are hundreds of pounds which many a member may well need in the months ahead.

Stu101

Reaction score
Fair point and well made.
Just out of interest should angling associations / clubs return subscriptions if this goes on for months.....?
Some fees are hundreds of pounds which many a member may well need in the months ahead.
Personally, I wouldnt want mine back. Without the money, they lose the fishing- although I'd note that I may be in a slightly better position than others at this time.

Stu101

Reaction score
Anyone come across the situation where Fishpal allow you to rebook, but the beat is popular, but you cant really do any of the days left? Sadly the single days they have left coinside with the days I look after my elderly father.

orchy1999

Reaction score
I not surprised you need them in the office πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ they are definitely a must have around Stephanie πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I even need to wear them to bed as her constant snoring is unbearable :help:

Could yous not have isolated her in the office by herself ? we're only 4 day's in and my head is bursting 🀯🀯😡😡. You guys that work with her really do deserve a medal πŸ…

View attachment 43282
Good luck for next week :lol:I bet Talla will have sore paws:D

tenet

Reaction score
Well I have heard from Thurso and clients 25% deposit are forfeit. They very kindly offer clients that may have paid in full to roll forward the balance to next year with a 10% discount. I'm absolutely lividπŸ‘Ή

sneakypeter

Reaction score
I am just glad I dropped a very expensive syndicate place, kept the Avon one, its not a lot of money, and hopefully I will be able to use it come peak time.
I really feel for those of you, having payed up for days/weeks or trips abroad, this is unlikely to just disappear so the foreign trips are probably all not going to happen this year, and the scenario for the next few years is going to be tricky, airlines are dropping like flies, how many will come back is unknown, but a sure fire bet is that prices will take a big hike!!!!!!!!
peter

budge

Reaction score
I've paid out Β£800 for three club membership fees including a joining fee as one is a new club. I've fished one club beat 4 times, the other two clubs I haven't been near yet. They are all closed now until further notice, but rents still need paying. Just got to bite the bullet and hope I can make up for lost time later this summer.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

ozzyian

Reaction score
Well I have heard from Thurso and clients 25% deposit are forfeit. They very kindly offer clients that may have paid in full to roll forward the balance to next year with a 10% discount. I'm absolutely lividπŸ‘Ή
Did they attempt any justification?

tenet

Reaction score
Did they attempt any justification?
No apart from "you can claim on your travel insurance". I will post their response tomorrow on a separate thread in the hope some legal boffin can comment. Considering the support available to SME companies in the leisure industry I am just amazed at their attitude.

Stu101

Reaction score
From the River Tay Ghillies Association tonight:

'Today the Tay Ghillies Association felt it necessary to contact Police Scotland to inform them a ghillie on the Tay was fishing with two guests (believed to be from down South) in the boat.

The guidance from Fishery Management Scotland was relayed to the group by Police, who responded by informing them they were owners and as such they could continue.

This behaviour is unacceptable. We do not condone this. We are deeply disappointed.

Fishing is not essential travel

Stay at home, Stay safe!'

This has not gone down well. Some of the messages i've seen flying about talking about holes being put in boats, etc. People involved are not being named for legal reasons- presumably because there is further to come.

keirstream

Reaction score
No apart from "you can claim on your travel insurance". I will post their response tomorrow on a separate thread in the hope some legal boffin can comment.
That could be tricky. Most travel insurances I believe specifically exclude war and pandemics.
I know of another river that has told clients who have paid in full to claim insurance and others who have yet to pay to do so A.S.A.P. and then claim insurance stating that "ghillie needs paid"
Notwithstanding furloughing legislation already outlined on here which I expect will be claimed also.:(:(