River wear 2021

Bushwhacker

Reaction score
I think the freemans counter undercounts, i think it struggles to register them when the river is high.
Its been like that for years Paul.Put a few inches of water over the walls either side of it and the fish jump them rather than go through the counter.
I,v seen this hundreds of times.If you notice,the highest counts are always when the river is low.

WillowMan

Reaction score
I am trying to see if anyone has information on the Upper Weardale fishing association?
I know they were still around in 2017 and had water from Westgate up to Cowshill.
I am struggling to find a valid contact number for this club or anyone who might know what has happened.
If they have disbanded then fine but who has this water now?
Because there were so few people fishing it there is very little information to guide me to getting a contact for the water.

Bet if I were to stick a line in the water some bugger will appear and say it is theirs LOL 😂

Anyone able to help?????

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
I am trying to see if anyone has information on the Upper Weardale fishing association?
I know they were still around in 2017 and had water from Westgate up to Cowshill.
I am struggling to find a valid contact number for this club or anyone who might know what has happened.
Because there were so few people fishing it there is very little information to guide me to getting a contact for the water.

Bet if I were to stick a line in the water some bugger will appear and say it is theirs LOL 😂

Anyone able to help?????
Call in at the newsagent at st johns chapel they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Smoggy

Reaction score
All the pools on the upper wear have practically filled in from Witton park upwards. Not worth the money it used to be and not to mention Bedburn syndicate is taken Up by fishpal rods meaning it’s heavily fished the last few months of the season making it difficult to get in pools. BADAC is good water 17 miles for £150 isn’t a bad shout in my opinion noting much lost if you don’t get a good return
And from what I hear, the pools are filling in with gravel and there are very few holding pools. I was in the syndicate for over 10 years and it used to be a great beat.
Not worth the money in my opinion

X—rap

Reaction score

Anyone able to help?????
Why would you want to fish that far upriver ? All the fish are really coloured and are pairing up to spawn and you will be fishing on actual spawning areas ,just disturbing and hassling fish on what is the final and most important part of a long journey

WillowMan

Reaction score
Why would you want to fish that far upriver ? All the fish are really coloured and are pairing up to spawn and you will be fishing on actual spawning areas ,just disturbing and hassling fish on what is the final and most important part of a long journey

May be the fact that I will be fishing for Brown Trout and that I live there.
But thanks for the lesson in the biological life of a migratory fish on the River Wear.
And no I don’t fish for coloured fish and I certainly don’t disturb or hassle fish so you need to do your homework and just for the record Sea Trout get up here before the end of the season while still clean.