River wear 2021

X—rap

Reaction score
I am trying to see if anyone has information on the Upper Weardale fishing association?
I know they were still around in 2017 and had water from Westgate up to Cowshill.
I am struggling to find a valid contact number for this club or anyone who might know what has happened.
If they have disbanded then fine but who has this water now?
Because there were so few people fishing it there is very little information to guide me to getting a contact for the water.

Bet if I were to stick a line in the water some bugger will appear and say it is theirs LOL 😂

Anyone able to help?????
Why would you want to fish that far upriver ? All the fish are really coloured and are pairing up to spawn and you will be fishing on actual spawning areas ,just disturbing and hassling fish on what is the final and most important part of a long journey

WillowMan

Reaction score
Why would you want to fish that far upriver ? All the fish are really coloured and are pairing up to spawn and you will be fishing on actual spawning areas ,just disturbing and hassling fish on what is the final and most important part of a long journey

May be the fact that I will be fishing for Brown Trout and that I live there.
But thanks for the lesson in the biological life of a migratory fish on the River Wear.
And no I don’t fish for coloured fish and I certainly don’t disturb or hassle fish so you need to do your homework and just for the record Sea Trout get up here before the end of the season while still clean.

X—rap

Reaction score
May be the fact that I will be fishing for Brown Trout and that I live there.
But thanks for the lesson in the biological life of a migratory fish on the River Wear.
And no I don’t fish for coloured fish and I certainly don’t disturb or hassle fish so you need to do your homework and just for the record Sea Trout get up here before the end of the season while still clean.
You didn’t mention that you were after brown trout and this is a salmon fishing forum after all 🤔😂😂😂

Daventus

Reaction score
who has the water at shincliffe above the road bridge next to the Rose Tree pub out of interest.Was working down there and it looked nice with a bit extra water in and is it any good.(y)

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
who has the water at shincliffe above the road bridge next to the Rose Tree pub out of interest.Was working down there and it looked nice with a bit extra water in and is it any good.(y)
I think it's durham city anglers club water but not 100% mate