River wear 2021

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Perfect day to blow work and gan fishing more like that would have been my plan but i work with my dad and hes beat me to it and allready had his rods in the car

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Whyyy the sneaky get! You missed a trick there pal 🤣🤣🤣 let's hope he gets into them 👍🎣

Rrrr

Reaction score
Whyyy the sneaky get! You missed a trick there pal let's hope he gets into them
Aye, hes not had one yet this year due to the low water. No doubt he will get a couple as the waters perfect and hes raided my fly boxes for some of my best late season tubes

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Aye, hes not had one yet this year due to the low water. No doubt he will get a couple as the waters perfect and hes raided my fly boxes for some of my best late season tubes

Hopefully gets a tight line mate 🎣👍

GOD

Reaction score
this wont help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211007-154826_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-154826_Gallery.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot_20211007-154832_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-154832_Gallery.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_20211007-154830_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-154830_Gallery.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 162

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
EA clear trees n debris etc. i used to work next door to them in crook but they got rid of loads of them
The weirs are and have always been owned by Durham cathedral, so it would be upto the Dean and Chapter to arrange it. But seeing as we have you our very own God maybe you could pop round with your son Jesus and between the two of you assert a little bit of influence.

teesfisher

Reaction score
The responsibility for keeping weirs clear of debris lies with the owners. The EA would only step in if there was a clear flood risk. As previously mentioned, these belong to the Cathedral. The EA will and do keep the fish passes passable ( this does not necessarily mean always removing all the debris off passes, providing fish can still use them).

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
The Dean and chapter are in the process of arranging a tidy up of the weirs, the big pile of debris on the next weir a few hundred yards upstream is earmarked to be left as it is an otter holt.

X—rap

Reaction score
Unbelievable how quickly the river drops nowadays,hopefully the big tides plus extra water will have encouraged the late run into the river ! Fished in near perfect conditions last night ,hooked and lost 2 off but didn’t see a single fish move

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Unbelievable how quickly the river drops nowadays,hopefully the big tides plus extra water will have encouraged the late run into the river ! Fished in near perfect conditions last night ,hooked and lost 2 off but didn’t see a single fish move
Need some ground saturation, same time last year if I remember rightly the river stayed at 11" for about a week as the ground couldn't take it in, now it's up nd down in a couple days 😫

davidelemes888.

Reaction score

Sperlash

Reaction score
Well fished on and off since thursday and to say its quiet around bishop auckland is a bit of an understatement.Managed 2 salmon on the fly thursday both about 8lb but saw 1 other fish all day.Fished every good holding spot since with zero results.Possible what fish came through wednesday are around shincliffe and hollywell as there certainly not here.
Went to durham wednesday evening for two hours to watch for running fish ,saw one small coloured sea trout ,that was it.I was a bit disheartened to say the least that the snatchers were back on the wall .Where is this all going to stop.
We should as anglers all refuse to purchase a licence and see if that puts a bomb up there arse.They would rather a snatcher using lead core and big trebles fish from a restricted area as long as they have a licence Utter absolute Clueless beaurocrats the EA.

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Hopefully get one last spate to have a crack before the season is out, had a couple of seatrout on the fly off that water, still no salmon for me as of yet. Did hook one (grilse) what came off at the net on a sunray shadow, and hooked another nice one on a dee monkey fished Square and fast but when it came off I reeled in and had a bunch of scales on my hooks so looking like the fish slashed at the fly and I foul hooked it

Dalnashaugh

Reaction score
I fished 10am to 4pm yesterday and didnt see a thing. My brother came down after I'd left only to find he had forgotten his waders! He fished for a couple of hours ( to dusk) from the bank, landed a 12lb salmon, lost 2 seatrout and saw quite a few fish move! Right place, right time, superior skill ( undoubtedly) or what? When I was there the river seemed totally bereft of migratory fish but it seems some at least were there all the time!

Geoff

Whenty1

Reaction score
I fished 10am to 4pm yesterday and didnt see a thing. My brother came down after I'd left only to find he had forgotten his waders! He fished for a couple of hours ( to dusk) from the bank, landed a 12lb salmon, lost 2 seatrout and saw quite a few fish move! Right place, right time, superior skill ( undoubtedly) or what? When I was there the river seemed totally bereft of migratory fish but it seems some at least were there all the time!

Every time I’ve been down over the last couple of weeks I’ve seen fish and had a couple on also had a good salmon around 15 lb last week !
I think the fish are there , they are just in a hurry to get to where they want to be given the time in the season and his long they will have been held up they flying straight on up and not showing much !

Bushwhacker

Reaction score
There are still Fish hanging around the river mouth.While fishing down there i,v seen both Salmon and quite a few Sea trout.While fishing for bass on Monday on some rock edges i saw 4 Seatrout jump and i hooked and lost one.I think everything must be late with that cold late spring we had.
Probably get a good run of fish in November.

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
There are still Fish hanging around the river mouth.While fishing down there i,v seen both Salmon and quite a few Sea trout.While fishing for bass on Monday on some rock edges i saw 4 Seatrout jump and i hooked and lost one.I think everything must be late with that cold late spring we had.
Probably get a good run of fish in November.
You been getting on the tyne much this season dave?