River wear 2021

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
4 punner on the sunray shadow lost a salmon around the 7lbs mark, very coloured cock fish.and had 2 other takes both seatrout I think, great fun on my little 10ft trout rod, 6 inch sunray with a size 4 single on the business end, cracking sport on light gear 🎣👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211004-191255_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211004-191255_Gallery.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 158

GOD

Reaction score
Willington have that as a club rule, but not sure of the rules for different clubs it all just gets too confusing.
im sure i read a few seasons ago that it was scrapped as a potential bylaw. i do know willington has it as a club rule. i left willington club about 6/7 year ago, i was on committee for about 15 year but didnt like the direction they were going in and the meetings were just a pain in the ass lol

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
im sure i read a few seasons ago that it was scrapped as a potential bylaw. i do know willington has it as a club rule. i left willington club about 6/7 year ago, i was on committee for about 15 year but didnt like the direction they were going in and the meetings were just a pain in the ass lol
Bishop still have that rule only one treble per lure/rap mate 👍

country_est

Reaction score
moving water between catchments is not always a good idea - invasive non native species, different water chemistry (even if only subtle), affects on homing signals for migratory fish etc, etc.
Also have Tunstall as a supposed top up to cover extraction, but that has been drained this year as well.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

X—rap

Reaction score
I’m a member of Chester ! Nothing wrong with shrimping all day if that’s the most effective way to fish a lot of the pools down there cos they are very deep and slow moving .
As for us being fishmongers you can’t be further from the truth ,5 tags issued to members isn’t a lot !!! ,personally I’ve used 2 tags and know a lot of others who have used none or one ,I keep a couple per season for my better half cos its her fave and everything else goes back , the way some people talk about the place is laughable ,it certainly isn’t as easy down there as people think ,salmon act the same down there as they do upriver ,some days they’re catchable and some days they ignore everything !!! Defo some Chester based jealousy on here 😂

GOD

Reaction score
i had a run down with a spinner today down past the browny, never seen a fish move or run. resident otter there as usual, its bigger than my beagle. plenty rain forcast tomorrow

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
i had a run down with a spinner today down past the browny, never seen a fish move or run. resident otter there as usual, its bigger than my beagle. plenty rain forcast tomorrow
I fished badac for a couple hours after my shift today seen 2 lovely salmon both coloured and both cock fish come right out the water, also 2 magpies having a scrap with a big white owl 🤣🤣

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
I’m a member of Chester ! Nothing wrong with shrimping all day if that’s the most effective way to fish a lot of the pools down there cos they are very deep and slow moving .
As for us being fishmongers you can’t be further from the truth ,5 tags issued to members isn’t a lot !!! ,personally I’ve used 2 tags and know a lot of others who have used none or one ,I keep a couple per season for my better half cos its her fave and everything else goes back , the way some people talk about the place is laughable ,it certainly isn’t as easy down there as people think ,salmon act the same down there as they do upriver ,some days they’re catchable and some days they ignore everything !!! Defo some Chester based jealousy on here 😂
I hope you get 70+ fish this season mate and enjoy every single take, fight and long distance catch and releases. You buy you're ticket and fish properly so go out and enjoy the sport you all love 🙏🎣👍

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
i had a seatrout back in about july i think it was. apart from that i havnt been down. see what happens after tomorrows forcast
Get a sunray shadow on, square cast big belly in the line and strip strip strip.....hold tight 🎣👍

Reactions: GOD

Andrew B

Reaction score
I'm glad it wasn't only me that was confused 😅. I think @Andrew B is possibly talking about a different river?
Lol sorry if it came out as confusing, I’m not always good at getting my points across.
Without the long winded story I was trying to reply to the question about fisherman placing themselves above a weir or an obstacle all day and basically taking as many fish as they like?
I did see it myself in Durham a few months ago. I’ll be sure to stay on the river in question next time but I can see why it would wind folk up as most places have rules on fishing places like that.
Fair play for only laughing at me😂

Rrrr

Reaction score
Perfect water today lads expecting to see some catches.... cant wait to finish work
Perfect day to blow work and gan fishing more like that would have been my plan but i work with my dad and hes beat me to it and allready had his rods in the car

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk