Reaction score
Water on the way, will it ever happen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211001-082545_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211001-082545_Chrome.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 82

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
When we do get a big flood, the fish will be heading for the hills lol.
hopefully plenty get on the redds this season and no massive winter floods🤞
Hopefully mate, the river hasn't had a flush out all season long, absolutely desperate conditions for 95% of the season.

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
PM if interested please lads 👍🎣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211001-151851_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211001-151851_Instagram.jpg
    885.1 KB · Views: 71

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
going to have a cast this afternoon as long as it’s not too coloured
Finally some water, have a feeling it will be filthy but more water on the way, next few days should produce some salar fingers crossed.......wedding for me today but hungover or not ill be out we the double hander 🎣👍

X—rap

Reaction score
River was clear below Durham ,couldn’t believe it,thought it would be rotten ,managed to land 1 salmon and lose another ! Only seen 2 fish move all afternoon but it looks like tomorrow is going to be a washout ,Stanhope reading just over 9 last time I looked

Sperlash

Reaction score
Fished around the Witton area today.Very poor visibility early on but nice water by late afternoon.Very poor show only saw one coloured sea trout all day.Odd sea trout caught on the grapevine but hardly worth the effort in my opinion.

Heard the Fish have been hammered at chester le street at the moment as the complete wear run appears to have been sitting there for a month.Some unscrupulous rods hogging pools catching half a dozen plus fish per session im told.In my opinion it Should be two fish max from an area then leave that specific section and move to another for that day allowing others to have a chance.
What do others think ,?? Use a bit of restraint and respect for fish and fellow anglers or should it be stand all day and fill your boots??? Thoughts???

Andrew B

Reaction score
Fished around the Witton area today.Very poor visibility early on but nice water by late afternoon.Very poor show only saw one coloured sea trout all day.Odd sea trout caught on the grapevine but hardly worth the effort in my opinion.

Heard the Fish have been hammered at chester le street at the moment as the complete wear run appears to have been sitting there for a month.Some unscrupulous rods hogging pools catching half a dozen plus fish per session im told.In my opinion it Should be two fish max from an area then leave that specific section and move to another for that day allowing others to have a chance.
What do others think ,?? Use a bit of restraint and respect for fish and fellow anglers or should it be stand all day and fill your boots??? Thoughts???
I know it’s not as solid a weir as it once was? But I can think of many rivers where the EA themselves forbid fishing from such places. On the river in Wales where I fish, there is a Bridge pool with two separate weirs, where fishing is disallowed from the weirs. The young lad whose father had the fishing rights further down the pool, went in with a snorkel and mask and said it held fish right under the weir so I totally understand the ruling.
Wether it’s free or not the EA could impose a similar ruling on it imo.

greenlaner2009

Reaction score

Thats always been the same down there, same blokes fishing the shrimp all day everyday.

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
I know it’s not as solid a weir as it once was? But I can think of many rivers where the EA themselves forbid fishing from such places. On the river in Wales where I fish, there is a Bridge pool with two separate weirs, where fishing is disallowed from the weirs. The young lad whose father had the fishing rights further down the pool, went in with a snorkel and mask and said it held fish right under the weir so I totally understand the ruling.
Wether it’s free or not the EA could impose a similar ruling on it imo.
What are you on about that post makes no sense its got me baffled.

GOD

Reaction score
someone told me today that only allowed 1 treble on rapalas. i thought that got scrapped. does anyone know the crack with this aswell as gape sizes etc please

Scierra

Reaction score

Shrimped to death CLS AC, some fishmongers amongst the rods the norm,

Sperlash

Reaction score
Not just shrimp merchants theres a heron down there with a fly rod thats trying to catch every fish in the river,was actually chucked out of a couple of syndicates further up for doing the same thing p@@sing off the lads that can only grab an hour.Its utterley demoralizing when the same blokes had 5 and lost 3 and still keeps going!!!No names mentioned but i think the penny needs to drop!!!

davidelemes888.

Reaction score
Not just shrimp merchants theres a heron down there with a fly rod thats trying to catch every fish in the river,was actually chucked out of a couple of syndicates further up for doing the same thing p@@sing off the lads that can only grab an hour.Its utterley demoralizing when the same blokes had 5 and lost 3 and still keeps going!!!No names mentioned but i think the penny needs to drop!!!
I have a boat Sunderland marina. Due to low water levels seals dolphins had the fair share salmon sea trout been jumping for months

Barney

Reaction score
How does he get in a club when he has been barred out of two. He is the human heron

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
someone told me today that only allowed 1 treble on rapalas. i thought that got scrapped. does anyone know the crack with this aswell as gape sizes etc please
Willington have that as a club rule, but not sure of the rules for different clubs it all just gets too confusing.

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
Playing devils advocate, what has he done wrong he starts at the top of the pool fishes it down then starts at the top again, i think it is a bit of jealousy creeping in from those down there that he catches a few fish and puts the time in to get them. I personally think that he is a sound guy.

teesfisher

Reaction score
We have the
Tyne-Tees tunnel, Frosterley outlet © Andy Waddingtonhttps://www.geograph.org.uk › photo
unfortunately as the motors that power the pumps were not started every few years to maintain them would not be cost affective to replace them so was waste of money shame what an asset
moving water between catchments is not always a good idea - invasive non native species, different water chemistry (even if only subtle), affects on homing signals for migratory fish etc, etc.