River wear 2021

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Finally opened my account for the season on BADAC tonight with this lovely 6lbs sea-trout, the fish took a size 14 alexandre single, fantastic take right out in the darkness absolutely magic, fish was weighed and released in perfect condition 👍🎣
Screenshot_20210903-220806_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210903-220352_Gallery.jpg

Scierra

Reaction score
Finally opened my account for the season on BADAC tonight with this lovely 6lbs sea-trout, the fish took a size 14 alexandre single, fantastic take right out in the darkness absolutely magic, fish was weighed and released in perfect condition 👍🎣View attachment 65162View attachment 65163
Alexander size 8 single was a great fly for me way back when, Green coloured flies are seldom used these days, size 14 is a trout sized fly, was it on a dropper ?well done though in trying low water conditions (y)

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Alexander size 8 single was a great fly for me way back when, Green coloured flies are seldom used these days, size 14 is a trout sized fly, was it on a dropper ?well done though in trying low water conditions (y)
Water was on its bones, it was fished as a single point fly and fished quickly over the known hotspot. A real nice contrast to the Alexandra fly which in my opinion is the most important factor in a seatrout fly for night fishing, its not something I've Done alot of but slowly starting to get a feel for it, that was probably my 15th time out ever at night, but a sparse tiny fly fished quickly with a bit of contrast and silver body can/did make a difference. Fish was landed about 10pm had only been fishing a short while, a few fish moving and did hook another but it was straight off on a steffan jones nightstalker surface lure with a single wired in 👍

Cutthroatconnor

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the deal with fishing around Sunderland bridge I was aware ferry hill angling club had the rights but didn’t renew them and was wondering on how you’d go about now fishing it?

Cutthroatconnor

Reaction score
Was just wondering if you could fish it or not, pretty certain I’m going to join an angling club not sure which as too yet whether Durham, ferry hill or bishop Auckland and not sure if it’s worth doing now or waiting till next year, any advise is greatly welcomed

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Was just wondering if you could fish it or not, pretty certain I’m going to join an angling club not sure which as too yet whether Durham, ferry hill or bishop Auckland and not sure if it’s worth doing now or waiting till next year, any advise is greatly welcomed
Drop me a PM for any queries regarding joining BADAC pal 👍

By the wear

Reaction score
Better off waiting till next season, theres only a month left of this one, unless you fish for grayling as well,
you could fish the free stretch at Durham for the remainder of this season

Cutthroatconnor

Reaction score
Better off waiting till next season, theres only a month left of this one, unless you fish for grayling as well,
you could fish the free stretch at Durham for the remainder of this season
That’s what I was thinking and I’ve never fished for grayling just usually spin for trout and if anything else that might take a spinner or a jig but never heard of a grayling go for one of them, I’ve spent a full season just fishing there and getting day passes down finchale abbey