River wear 2021

Sand dancer

Reaction score
I will think you find today that poachers are very hi-tech and even know when the E/A are in their range from a mobile phone.Robin hood days are gone like hundreds of years ago.That is still the backwards attitude though of some of the Upper Wear fisherman who like to kill black fish back end of season like them idiots on that video that was posted last week-which AC club were they in? How come the club hasnt kicked them out,isnt no body looking after the upper river where the spawning action takes place?

Deer hunting was legal prior to hunting with dogs ban a ancient way of hunting with out firearms.Dogs dont rip apart which poacher would want that kind of hard mouthed dog ? it dont make sense what yer saying when yer say rip apart-grip - hold on is what happens then the hunter finishes off the animal,dogs dont kill them the hunter does.

If you are upset by hunting what the hell are you doing owning a fishing rod this world isnt for the likes of you,lol your not fitting the description all you seem to do is drag down peoples posts by the fabrication of BS things you say.Hype merchant at best.
At least the EA lads now know to leave their phones at home when they head out on the hunt for poachers.

toplad

Banned
Reaction score
At least the EA lads now know to leave their phones at home when they head out on the hunt for poachers.
What's left of the E/A you mean,Kevin is now retired so they are down to i think two - three enforcement officers.All of which aint fit young men anymore,past it no offence to them.
The Angling trust have now taken over,but im not so sure about the angling trust as during brexit they clearly stated on their website they support a re vote and remain.AC also stop people from having their say by removing posts and censoring posts because leaving brexit isnt what they wanted.Using politics inside the fishing arena isnt the right thing.Stopping people have their say online because of political bias also isnt the right thing and these people are the ones creaming our license money - radical nut cases run by people even more crazy people.

They has been numerous posts online about their antics,AT. These days we seem to police our selves, well we do on the Wear not so much the Tyne.Rules we have in place are old rules from years ago worded in a complex way,all fishing rules need to be updated and upgraded accordingly to suit each river.I know saying we police ourselves will take some stick by them who use the forum who no longer go fishing or the Wear upriver fisherman or worse Tyne anglers who do not fish the Wear but complain about visiting invited legal anglers coming to Hexham to fish with a club chairman i believe and people poaching the Tyne.

If they gave up radios how would they communicate? Morse or smoke signals ;-) They is no more E/A team this what we are seeing now is the very last of them after they are gone it will be left up to volunteers and the likes.This is happening now in parts of the Uk and im not seeing anything good come from this-we already got a bunch of leftist libtards looking after the E/A we dont need it in the AT if they block people from speaking on webpages cos they have a different political view to them they not to be trusted.

Last edited:

davidelemes888.

Reaction score
I will think you find today that poachers are very hi-tech and even know when the E/A are in their range from a mobile phone.Robin hood days are gone like hundreds of years ago.That is still the backwards attitude though of some of the Upper Wear fisherman who like to kill black fish back end of season like them idiots on that video that was posted last week-which AC club were they in? How come the club hasnt kicked them out,isnt no body looking after the upper river where the spawning action takes place?

Deer hunting was legal prior to hunting with dogs ban a ancient way of hunting with out firearms.Dogs dont rip apart which poacher would want that kind of hard mouthed dog ? it dont make sense what yer saying when yer say rip apart-grip - hold on is what happens then the hunter finishes off the animal,dogs dont kill them the hunter does.

If you are upset by hunting what the hell are you doing owning a fishing rod this world isnt for the likes of you,lol your not fitting the description all you seem to do is drag down peoples posts by the fabrication of BS things you say.Hype merchant at best.
nothing hi tech. dark night back end of year. lamp gaff. pair waders ruck sack. its gone on for years. nets across the river where its narrow. few year ago some men caught they were shooting at the water shock brought them to the top. told off a guy when I was visiting friends Innerleithen

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
I've got some carp fishing mono like that, really good abrasion resistance but rarely gets used, good old maxima 10lbs/12lbs/15lbs 👍

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Any on here use a line called "vision vibe", got one on a recommendation the 85 version (8.5m head) In a 7/8 and wowzer what a line it is perfect for a faster action single hander or a switch rod, effortless casting overhead or spey style. Absolutely flies out, was using it on my single hander with an airflo 8ft poly 5ft of 12lbs tippet and fished tubes/double. Great line highly recommended 👍🎣

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score

Reactions: wgs

Tees88

Reaction score
Any on here use a line called "vision vibe", got one on a recommendation the 85 version (8.5m head) In a 7/8 and wowzer what a line it is perfect for a faster action single hander or a switch rod, effortless casting overhead or spey style. Absolutely flies out, was using it on my single hander with an airflo 8ft poly 5ft of 12lbs tippet and fished tubes/double. Great line highly recommended 👍🎣
I've not seen it before, but it does sound good mate. I've got one of the old Sewincaster lines that I'm still yet to try :cautious:

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
I've not seen it before, but it does sound good mate. I've got one of the old Sewincaster lines that I'm still yet to try :cautious:
Honestly mate I was blown away buy how easy it casts, more suited to a meduim/fast single handers loop cross lpxe hardy demon etc etc, I fished it off a cheap shakey agility 2 fast action and it still went like a bullet one little flick of the rod tip and its off!. A real nice line to handle also 👌

Dalnashaugh

Reaction score
On Bank holiday Monday just gone I had a walk along the river at Durham - there were absolutely no signs of fish except one just below the top of the dam on the left bank. I fish the Bedburn Estate syndicate water above Witton road bridge and it's been a dire season so far. There have been some seatrout about ( no sign of salmon yet ) but despite a number of night sessions I've only had one and lost one to date. For some reason or other they have been almost totally disinterested in taking the fly, although I've had quite a lot of nips and tweaks especially to the surface lure.
It does beg the question as to where all the fish that have run the counters at Durham are!!
Also, a friend of mine was talking recently to a guy who is a professional guide, and he reckoned that the fish counter/s at Durham were out of action for part of July and that the true count was at least 1000 more than reported. If correct that makes the poor catches upstream even harder to understand!! This same guide thinks that the fish are slowly filtering their way upstream and are not settling in pools long enough to become takers. Any views on that? I havent heard of big catches or even sightings of fish further up the Dale.
A strange season all round.

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
On Bank holiday Monday just gone I had a walk along the river at Durham - there were absolutely no signs of fish except one just below the top of the dam on the left bank. I fish the Bedburn Estate syndicate water above Witton road bridge and it's been a dire season so far. There have been some seatrout about ( no sign of salmon yet ) but despite a number of night sessions I've only had one and lost one to date. For some reason or other they have been almost totally disinterested in taking the fly, although I've had quite a lot of nips and tweaks especially to the surface lure.
It does beg the question as to where all the fish that have run the counters at Durham are!!
Also, a friend of mine was talking recently to a guy who is a professional guide, and he reckoned that the fish counter/s at Durham were out of action for part of July and that the true count was at least 1000 more than reported. If correct that makes the poor catches upstream even harder to understand!! This same guide thinks that the fish are slowly filtering their way upstream and are not settling in pools long enough to become takers. Any views on that? I havent heard of big catches or even sightings of fish further up the Dale.
A strange season all round.
Extreme low water and blazing temps have to be the deciding factor, mossy green river with no flush out for the full summer and too this day cannot be good, lethargic fish disinterested in almost anything, we had a little lift of around 10" a couple weeks back and I hooked a salmon and a seatrout within an hour of each other (BADAC), a good lift is all we need.....Will it ever come I'm not so sure. Will be a big dirty rise full of weed and will take some clearing. But after that it "should" improve the sport

Sperlash

Reaction score
Fished Escombe the other night . Absolutely rubbish saw one fish, Pools were pretty much void of fish.On a brighter note heard of a few fish a couple of miles down river caught.

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Finally opened my account for the season on BADAC tonight with this lovely 6lbs sea-trout, the fish took a size 14 alexandre single, fantastic take right out in the darkness absolutely magic, fish was weighed and released in perfect condition 👍🎣
Screenshot_20210903-220806_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210903-220352_Gallery.jpg