River wear 2021

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Graham had a few nice ones last season early on from below durham, **** not being able to drive cant even book more lessons with this covid 19........soon as I pass ill end up divorced "Lewis where you at" ........" Scotland pet see you Monday" πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

SteveG

Reaction score
Graham had a few nice ones last season early on from below durham, **** not being able to drive cant even book more lessons with this covid 19........soon as I pass ill end up divorced "Lewis where you at" ........" Scotland pet see you Monday" πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Must be a day ticket venue worth a look then πŸ‘

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
More monkeys tonight for the wear, tied up with a yellow brass conehead

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210219-213442_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210219-213442_Gallery.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58

SteveG

Reaction score
Thanks Steve,I'm just learning these and have only ever tied a handful πŸ‘πŸŽ£, will have some great movement though.....hopefully trigger something to nip hold
Looks the business Lewis, is it a heavy fly then with the cone head? Do you fish that on a sinking poly leader or an intermediate on the wear

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Looks the business Lewis, is it a heavy fly then with the cone head? Do you fish that on a sinking poly leader or an intermediate on the wear
About the same weight as an inch copper tube mate, and generally a slow sink tip if its in spate

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
I used the fulling mill ones before I tied my own and they flew out with a scandi head and 10ft fast tip no problems πŸ‘πŸŽ£

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
I have no doubt some can, others however think free is free if any restrictions at all on that stretch and any other bit of water πŸ˜‚
Seen a kid walking down escomb one day a said you seen much youngen he said no ive just been scooted for spinning on bedburn estate water, a said you do realise its a fly only water he said yeah n laughed and walked off, made me chuckle for the day he was young n probably doesn't realise the seriousness of whats going on with stocks/spawning/numbers etc

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Standard gear for Durham years ago was a double hander with lead core line and a large sparsely dressed treble hook πŸ˜‚

oh and a shopping trolley for the fish pass πŸ‘ dark times them
Shopping trolley still probably there if the EA has out to do with it 🀣🀣